• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    I'm thinking about getting something pretty classic (haven't decided yet) like a Ruger Stainless 22 Single-Six, or a Henry 22 Golden Boy, or a Henry 22 Lever action (base model). The goal would be to get a last name engraved on the gun somewhere. I'm sure it depends on the firearm, what areas could be engraved. I would want good old-fashioned cursive lettering. Just curious what something like that is going to cost and who would do it?

Glennster

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    Try this guy, give him a jingle, good guy, nice work!
    Miller's Custom Knife & Gun Engraving
    Terry Miller 260-562-3606

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Terry is a good artist ...Don't know your location but at the Crown Point show a lady was set up to engrave and scrimshaw Cathy Grandalski PH #708-261-3460.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    If you want a golden boy engraved get it done at the factory. They put a protective coating on those and when you go to engrave them they kinda get a flaking look unless the coating is completely removed

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    If you want a golden boy engraved get it done at the factory. They put a protective coating on those and when you go to engrave them they kinda get a flaking look unless the coating is completely removed

I purchased a golden boy 22,then bought the engraved plate from Henry and I cannot find fault in it. Maybe if you get the plate engraved outside of the factory you have issues?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I purchased a golden boy 22,then bought the engraved plate from Henry and I cannot find fault in it. Maybe if you get the plate engraved outside of the factory you have issues?

Henry engraves them before they put the coating on it, so getting a cover from them is best.

Getting it engraved after the fact is when you see the coating flaking around the engraving

Top Bottom