• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Went out tuesday and shot a bit with a buddy, about 50 rounds down range and my rifle a very very old savage C-4 22lr jammed. The bolt would not go more than maybe an inch forward. I figured the round didnt feed right or something so i ejected the round and attempted to chamber a new bullet, same problem. I unload remove the bolt do a quick clean and put the bolt back on the rifle. I try to to run the action with no ammo and still stuck. I remove the bolt again and examine further. Everything seems right so again i put it back together and it runs just fine for another 25 ish rounds. Then another jam. This time i unload and do the dumb dumb thing and try to force it. After a little work the bolt goes forward but i hear the same click as i hear when i pull the trigger.

I pull the trigger and the tension is gone. For some reason forcing the bolt forward released the firing pin. Gun worked fine the rest of the day. This morning i got it out and took a looksy and boop! Another jam. Why is this happening?

in other news check out the size of this worm!

http://i66.tinypic.com/2ir86te.jpg

Top Bottom