• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slovpeter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm looking for an AK gunsmith to do some rivet work in the state. Does anyone know anyone possibly that has experience on working with AKs and river work? I need a river pressed into the trigger guard since my trigger guard river was sheared off by my ALG AKT.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Drill out the rivet. Stick a new rivet in. Brace bottom of rifle against a piece of wood while using a hammer and steel punch to mushroom rivet inside receiver.

Slovpeter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Chuck, I cant answer your PM since my post count isn't at 50. Anyways, All I know is that once I installed the ALG AKT, took it to the range, and came back to clean it... my trigger guard rivet was sheared off and loose inside the receiver. The only obvious answer was that the ALG AKT trigger did this. This problem was actually featured on one of Rob Skis video over at AKOU, and he took my pictures from AK files and used them in a video of his. Its a known problem that isnt widely known, but recognized apparently. I'm just trying to get it re rivted so the gun functions properly and I dont have an AK that has no safety now essentially.

Thanks for the suggestions on AWS guys. Ill look them up

indyguy333

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2015
    Huntington
    I used AWS to build an AK74 and restore a Clinton-era neutered AK back to its original, intended glory. They are nice guys and responsive. I'd recommend them for AK-related issues.

Top Bottom