• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cree

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Lafayette
    I have just completed customizing a Springfield Armory "Range Officer" 1911 in 45 ACP for the SNS Casting 400 USPSA Championship! The match is this weekend and this particular firearm will be raffled off with the proceeds going to help West Lafayette Police Department Sgt. Aron Thompson, who is battling leukemia. Here are a few pictures - the first being a "before and after". A lot of machine work, and even more hand work, was done - all new EGW internals providing a crisp, 2.5 pound trigger, Caspian, Dawson, Smith and Alexander, VZ Grips, and Cylinder and Slide parts as well. The 1911 was finished with the new "Elite" series of Cerakote, which is smooth to the touch with increased durability, done for us by Applied Ballistics.

More pictures of the finished firearm, as well as some build process photographs, can be found on Facebook.

Thank you!

Andy Cree

20170605_154023_zpsuxbexhfe.jpg

20170605_153250_zpsz7wn6gt3.jpg

SANY0156_zpsiy6nymdz.jpg

SANY0155_zpsxqgahtby.jpg

SANY0154_zps6jz8j3dj.jpg

Last edited:

Cree

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Lafayette
    Thank you very much! It is for a great cause and I hope plenty of tickets sell this weekend to help Aron.

Andy Cree

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    yeah, that tri-top is sweet. I was having a bit of trouble with the pics.
    I've seen some CZs (from CZ custom) that were tri-topped and were outstanding!

EDIT to add: Did you fit the front dovetail and then tri-top? It's so perfectly fit, I don't see how else you'd do it - unless you "beveled" the edges of the front sight prior to fitting.

Again, outstanding work!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    It looks great. I will be putting some money in that raffle. Anyone who spells Aron with one a has to be ok. I only know of one other and that is a but murky.

Cree

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Lafayette
    Thank you all! Unfortunately, I believe the tickets are being sold at the match only. It is a large match will several hundred shooters. I am shooting in squad 54 with about 7 other people.

Andy Cree

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I'm Shooting Sunday, and plan to buy more tickets than normal to support this cause.
    Great job on the pistol. Looking forward to fondling it (is it like those old VW commercials, if I lick it then it's mine?!).

-rvb

Top Bottom