• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minifire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    USA
    Probably, it’s not usual format for this forum, but this is a mini-gun that I have made myself. It’s a simple Derringer mechanism, but it has the length only 25mm, and 1mm caliber. I even managed to make appropriate live ammo for this “baby”.
    Actually, I spent so much time on it that I used silver and gold as corresponding materials, that are worth such time investments (although there were other versions made of steel).

серебро-2.jpg на_миллиметров&#10.jpg silver2.jpg

Attachments

• silver2.jpg
      silver2.jpg
      21.1 KB · Views: 37
    • на_миллиметров&#10.jpg
      на_миллиметров&#10.jpg
      859.4 KB · Views: 36

Minifire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    USA
    Thank you for complements and questions!

About cartridges. A special explosive mixture is used there. Powder for such volume doesn’t work. To achieve maximum shot power, the cartridge sleeve is completely filled with the mixture. The length of the cartridge is 4.5 mm, the width - 1.5 mm, the sleeve’s inner diameter is 1 mm. The bullet is a metal ball made of hardened steel.
    I didn’t organize a special expertise to investigate the bullet speed and sharpshooting. At close ranges, the power of the gun is enough to break through a metal beer can. The pistol in action can be seen on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1kS07S-fYk

Minifire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    USA
    Mini fire,

Awsome work....what did you use to make this gun?

These exemplars are made of gold (silver), all parts, even screws. The only exception - springs. I have ordered special steel watch springs from Switzerland. The barrel is made on a precision watch machine. Almost all operations were performed with a microscope.

Are you a member of any of the miniature collectors groups?

Not yet.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Probably, it’s not usual format for this forum, but this is a mini-gun that I have made myself. It’s a simple Derringer mechanism, but it has the length only 25mm, and 1mm caliber. I even managed to make appropriate live ammo for this “baby”.
    Actually, I spent so much time on it that I used silver and gold as corresponding materials, that are worth such time investments (although there were other versions made of steel).

View attachment 56731 View attachment 56733 View attachment 56735

Is the ammo basically a type of 'rimfire'?

zx7rcatt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    Madison area
    Thank you for complements and questions!

About cartridges. A special explosive mixture is used there. Powder for such volume doesn’t work. To achieve maximum shot power, the cartridge sleeve is completely filled with the mixture. The length of the cartridge is 4.5 mm, the width - 1.5 mm, the sleeve’s inner diameter is 1 mm. The bullet is a metal ball made of hardened steel.
    I didn’t organize a special expertise to investigate the bullet speed and sharpshooting. At close ranges, the power of the gun is enough to break through a metal beer can. The pistol in action can be seen on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1kS07S-fYk

Well done!

Top Bottom