• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolf1661

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I am buying parts for an AR15. I am looking to do all the work. I found a pretty good deal on stuff. I am buying a stripped lower. Found an upper for $169, lower kit for $99, and charging handle with bcg for about $89. I don't have the tools to build it. I wanted to find someone with the tools, or a gun shop that would let me do all the work and just keep me in the right direction while assembling it. I plan to upgrade a few items down the road. The stock, and hand guard. I am also considering optics of some sort. I thought about an upper with a pistol grip. It would have a 14.5" barrel with flash suppressor built in

Wolf1661

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2017
    Indianapolis
    That sounds pretty good. I am sure I could get by with Youtube videos, but I prefer to have someone with me. Plus I don't have any tools needed. It will be about 2 to 3 weeks before I have all the items I need. I have also been reading up on reloading ammo as well.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    With you being in lawrence, and in my opinion competent I was gonna offer you some money to oversee my build. Was even gonna let you /crackwhip if I messed up

Ha. You dont know me well enough. All I know is point that end down range and pull this thingy to make it go bang.

Churchmouse helped me put my AR together, mainly I watched while he put mine together. I'll point him toward this thread...

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I am buying parts for an AR15. I am looking to do all the work. I found a pretty good deal on stuff. I am buying a stripped lower. Found an upper for $169, lower kit for $99, and charging handle with bcg for about $89. I don't have the tools to build it. I wanted to find someone with the tools, or a gun shop that would let me do all the work and just keep me in the right direction while assembling it. I plan to upgrade a few items down the road. The stock, and hand guard. I am also considering optics of some sort. I thought about an upper with a pistol grip. It would have a 14.5" barrel with flash suppressor built in

Well, you've opened up Pandora's Box now.
    You can get buy with a basic set of AR tools pretty reasonable. ARs are simple once you get past the "I don't know what I'm doing FEAR" you're going to wonder why you didn't do this before.
    YouTube is your friend, take your time, and be proud of your build.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I built my first lower with no more help than a tutorial posted on AR15.com
    Completely assembled the stripped lower in about 45 mintutes with nothing more than a pair if tweezers, a small punch set, and a tiny brass hammer.

I purchased that first upper complete, but built the next one after purchasing a vice block.

You really don't need that many special tools.
    A barrel wrench is a must, but the rest you can make do without.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    With you being in lawrence, and in my opinion competent I was gonna offer you some money to oversee my build. Was even gonna let you /crackwhip if I messed up

That is the funniest thing I've read all day!

Jagee is not the gunsmith you seek.

Wolf1661

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Well I mean from your posts. I have been lurking the threads. I know churchmouse is good too. I have wanted an AR15 ever since I found out about the 80% lowers, although i have no issue with registering one and such. I just gotta learn the proper way to look down the loaded barrel to set the sights :laugh:

Wolf1661

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I figured it wouldn't be too hard. i know the guys at Indy Arms said I would prolly need help. I suspect they wanted to make a sale. i think I could do it on my own. I am also doing some research on my end.

Top Bottom