• ...and so much more!
  • mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Hey Ya'll....
    I'm building a AR lower, it started out as an 80%, milled it out with a Ghost Gunner Machine, assembled the lower with a PSA lower parts kit and while testing the new build with 2 proven uppers the trigger assembly releases and strikes the firing pin, while charging the bolt with the trigger still pulled and slightly released.
    I took these parts out and put them another lower that I also milled out from an 80% and no issue. I now have an older PSA trigger assembly in the lower and still cycles while charging the bolt...
    I've done 3 of these now with no past issues, all using PSA lower parts kits.
    I don't know what else to check?

Also I can't scrap the lower as I've already sent to to get cerkoted and had some laser engraving done to it.

Last edited:

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Come to find out the tigger pin got milled out to a big, and is causing the pins to move, would an Anti Walk pin set up help this situation and hold the trigger group in place?

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Yes, some how the tigger and pivot pin holes where drilled to big and you see the pins move in holes an cause the malfunction.
    I tried a drop in CMC trigger and the rifle cycles with no issue

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yes, some how the tigger and pivot pin holes where drilled to big and you see the pins move in holes an cause the malfunction.

I'm no gunsmith, but that sounds like your easiest fix. Leave the CMC in the lower and be done with it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I really didn't want to donate a 150$ to this build

I dont think you can "un-drill" or move a hole, so what is cheaper? that trigger or a new lower?

EDIT: Anyone else make a cheaper drop in kit?

Last edited:

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010

Generally anti-walks rely on the diameter to be correct. The drop in kits usually have a set screw that pushes the pin down locking it in. This puts the pin toward the bottom of the hole but the frame of the drop in counters the offset. that's why the drop in works and mil-spec doesn't. Sounds like you either need to replace the lower or use a drop in. I've found some at gun shows for $100 but they are pretty rare.

Bookmark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2014
    Gibson County
    I've never used them myself, but would a threaded trigger pin like Slide Fire markets help? If you have the ability to mill the receiver to accommodate a stepped bushing, the threaded pins would hold it all in place and allow you to have the holes back in spec, although that seems like more work than it's worth....

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Drill and tap the bad hole. Insert screw flush with both sides with green loctite. Peen screw and file flush. Redrill hole once dry.

Brett beat me to it.

That's the ONLY solution to the issue if you just HAVE to use this lower, and want it to be blueprint correct.

That is, unless you want to go with Colt triggers. Then I guess you could mill the holes to large pin spec. But a drill will NOT work...it will 100% follow the other hole's center.

-Nate

Top Bottom