• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vespasianus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2017
    Columbus
    Hey all, I first intro'd myself on INGO back in May while still in California, and have now somewhat settled into Columbus IN and am beginning to pick my hobbies back up, to include re-engaging on INGO.

I've found an FFL & local range that'll be my initial "go-to's", but I don't have any knowledge of gunsmith's within the area (beyond what google might provide). Does anyone have experience / recommendations & contact info for a gunsmith fairly local to Columbus?

Thanks in advance!

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    The go-to guy around Columbus is Gary Growe. I haven't used him directly, but have sent him a CZ452 to be threaded through Bite the Bullet in Seymour.

Who are you using as an FFL in the srea?

Vespasianus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2017
    Columbus
    Thanks jrh84, I'll look him up! For now, I'll use Watson Chambers Defense Institute on 17th St for FFL purposes (close-by and range on-hand!). I'll likely use them for a class or two, as well, once my CHL comes through.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Gary Growe is "da' man".............if you can get him to take on your job. He did a trigger job for me years ago (before his shop burned) but I never would've been able to get to him without a mutual friend introducing me. His reputation was outstanding which probably lead to the sign on his door that read something like "Not accepting any work at this time".

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Gary Growe is "da' man".............if you can get him to take on your job. He did a trigger job for me years ago (before his shop burned) but I never would've been able to get to him without a mutual friend introducing me. His reputation was outstanding which probably lead to the sign on his door that read something like "Not accepting any work at this time".

This was my experience also. Good guy, done a couple of jobs for me. He was hard to get into a few years back, can't speak to his current status.

Nothing against Gary, but now days I would go to up to the indy area and use George Huening or more likely AllenM. I'm just more familiar and shoot with them. Allen is an INGO advertiser, active on the forum and has various gun and auto related get togethers at his business Diamond Collision.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I think Gary is only accepting business through some of the local shops. His reputation is excellent.

I had some work done by Tom Burchell near Reddington, I am happy with the results. I had AllenM work on a 1911 for me and it is excellent.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    The go-to guy around Columbus is Gary Growe. I haven't used him directly, but have sent him a CZ452 to be threaded through Bite the Bullet in Seymour.

Who are you using as an FFL in the srea?

Didn't know he was still here, worked on a couple of my 1911 years ago when I was still competing. Where is he at he is excellent

Top Bottom