Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by FamilyProtectR View Post
    Upon further inspection, the gas block was both a millimeter from the barrel stop and slightly offset. I've readjusted it. What are the odds this was the cause of the problem?
    Probably 1:1
    The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle.

Upon further inspection, the gas block was both a millimeter from the barrel stop and slightly offset. I've readjusted it. What are the odds this was the cause of the problem?
    Like Harry said, the odds are high. How good/deep is your dimple for the gas block? If it isn't deep enough, this would be a cause for the misalignment.
    "Eis Aner Oudeis Aner"

I have had several friends with the same issue over the past year. In every case, All I did was realign the gas block. This is probably a common mistake among new builders.
    The issues were with 1 458 SOCOM, 3 .223's amd a 300 Blackout. Good shooting!

Possibly, but I don't think that's the problem. The hole in the gas block is quite a bit larger than the gas port in the barrel. I've taken some apart and you can see by the carbon ring around gas port that the gas block wasn't perfectly alinged but the gun still ran just fine because there was no overlapping

one mm forward or back most likely won't give you an issue. How many gas blocks have been installed for free float handguards AFTER removing the handguard cap (Forward collar).
    However just a slight twist will cut the gas flow in half in a heartbeat.
    The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle.

From your very first post my guess was gas block alignment. I've had to fix several myself.

This should be tagged for the rifle section. Good info here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3