Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

User Info Menu

I'll take your guys' word for it.

I guess its like writing something. A whole lot of good sentences and paragraphs don't make it into the final draft. In writing, the term is "killing your darlings." The idea is that you can spend a great deal of time writing a really great portion of the work, but in the end... it just doesn't work.

But, it isn't like you can collect them in a "dumpster document." (Although, now that I write that, maybe that's not a bad idea.)
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    I'll take your guys' word for it.

I guess its like writing something. A whole lot of good sentences and paragraphs don't make it into the final draft. In writing, the term is "killing your darlings." The idea is that you can spend a great deal of time writing a really great portion of the work, but in the end... it just doesn't work.

But, it isn't like you can collect them in a "dumpster document." (Although, now that I write that, maybe that's not a bad idea.)
    In the search for a better piece one will make some errors along the way. If you dont you are not trying hard enough.

User Info Menu

Nice work Andy....

I have a drawer of mistakes. I have done some stupid stuff and have had unfortunate mishaps with tooling or machines. Its part of doing business with custom pistols. Sometimes i get to re use mistakes sometimes i dont. But....the lesson learned is always useful.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cree View Post
    T.Lex, The good thing about the slide I had to "scrap" is I found a frame with measurements that will allow it to work. I will get to use that slide after all. One of the hardest lessons to accept it the growing scrap parts bin...
    I suspect that's how some factory guns get built . . . by mixing and matching until they find a frame and slide that will function together.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Wow... Iím loving this build thread and canít wait to see the final product.
    -Christopher

User Info Menu

Cutting the frame rails to fit one of the slides.

User Info Menu

Curious what your setup fixtures look like? pics please! What brand dividing head are you using?

Either you have a brand new Kurt vise or you appreciate your tooling purchases and want them to last. I'll go with option 2.

Buying the mill is the easy part. Buying tooling....

Very nice work.

User Info Menu

Spook331945,

THank you for the kind words. I take care of everything I buy because I cannot afford to replace it. You are also correct that buying the mill is the easy part. I could spend 10x that price in tooling and probably still need more.

The fixture in the picture is an EGW "Gunsmith Plate" Gunsmith Plate w/ Instructions: EGW Gun Parts

The dividing head I am using is made by Vertex. It is ok. I am currently using it to checker frames. Most of my setups are done with the EGW plate and the vise.

Andy

User Info Menu

Parallel and very tight!

Marksman

User Info Menu

I may not completely understand the technicalities and mechanical aspect of what you're doing, but I do know what commitment and passion is. And I commend you on the fortitude in shooting for perfection!

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast