• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dtthomps

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2017
    Fishers
    So I purchased my first CZ 75b pistol today (omega convertible). The gun is amazing...im sure there are those out there that will at least think I should have gone standard...but I'm happy with my purchase :) Now I did a detailed strip on the pistol, because I do that with all my firearms...mainly to see how things work. I am a 1911 guy..I love them and I love fitting and customizing them. I have not done too much research regarding cz pistols and I am curious about barrels in regards to the 75b vs SP01 models. When I was looking at my cz barrel I couldn't help but notice how loose it is. Now I am pretty sure that its probably done that way to increase reliability in feeding...or its sized that way to speed up assembly so they can get them out the door faster.. Well I was searching the internet, and I found a site that is selling both threaded and non threaded cz 75b (9mm) barrels...the non threaded barrel is a 75b/85b barrel while the threaded barrel is for the SP01...ok now for quite possibly the stupid question...can I fit the SP01 barrel into my 75b or do I need to find a threaded barrel for the 75/85b specifically. I am having trouble finding a threaded version for the 75b but I know they exist because my gunshop has a new 75b with the threaded barrel installed....I want to tighten up the barrel lockup with the slide on my 75b...that is my goal here. :) thank you for your time in advance...

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    You did your first full "Detailed strip" of a CZ-75?....how far down the rabbit hole did you go?

I ask because I didn't see any comments on "Holly :poop: could they have made the parts any smaller!!":rofl:

I am assuming the site you found was CGW?

As for fit, my SP-01 locks up "tight" and I have never heard of slop in the barrel bushing from others. The guy you want is the Wizard to chime in and help you out. I am sure he will be along shortly.

Last question......"dtthomps" your first name Craig?

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    No an SP01 barrel will not fit in a 75B. If you want tighter fit at the bore try a 10x bushing from Cajun Gun Works.

dtthomps

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2017
    Fishers
    You did your first full "Detailed strip" of a CZ-75?....how far down the rabbit hole did you go?

I ask because I didn't see any comments on "Holly :poop: could they have made the parts any smaller!!":rofl:

I am assuming the site you found was CGW?

As for fit, my SP-01 locks up "tight" and I have never heard of slop in the barrel bushing from others. The guy you want is the Wizard to chime in and help you out. I am sure he will be along shortly.

Last question......"dtthomps" your first name Craig?

Yeah I was impressed with how small a lot of the parts where once I got the sear cage apart and Hammer/trigger out. Slide was pretty standard, kind of like a sig with the pin that holds in the firing pin and block.

Yeah I found CGW and still researching what parts I "should" buy to adjust the pull on this gun.
    As for slop it isn't the barrel bushing that is loose, its the barrel lugs on the other end. when placed in the slide the barrel wiggles freely (side to side and front and front to back) I want to tighten that up.

Lastly...no My name is not Craig, its Dave :)

Top Bottom