• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stubbleducker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Indy
    Who would you recommend in the indy area for work on browning O/Us?
    My Superlite decided last night that when you break it open, it wants to lock there, like a lockback knife. If you pop the forearm off, you can get it to close, but reassemble it and it will do it again.
    Took it apart and cleaned what I could on it, but it still does it.

Any suggestions on a smith to take it to in the Indy area?

Thanx!

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Hmmmmm. If out of warranty ..... first off Indy gun club.... they might have run across the issue.... no one local on browning but arts gun shop is my browning gun of choice. He does my BLR trigger's and repair the salt wood guns I might find but he is out of state.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    As previously mentioned Indiana Gun Club could ve a good source. I haven't had any mechanical issues but have taken some Browning shotguns to Jeff McHenry of JM Gunsmith. 317 557 9705. Located near Emerson & County Line Rd

Stubbleducker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Indy
    Thanks for all the replies.
    Just to close the loop - called Browning and started the process with them, but then heard it was multiple months wait to get your gun back :(

Went to IGC on Saturday and they recommended Jeff Price of Gunslinger Depot in Zionsville. He is conveniently at IGC on Saturdays, so left it with him. Turned out to be a loose set screw that wore on the internal cocking lever lifter and developed a burr that finally got to the point of interference.
    He took care of it and got me back in business.

Super nice guy and fast turnaround - wouldn't hesitate to use him again and recommend him to anybody else needing and smithing work done.:yesway:

Top Bottom