• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    I have a Speed Six that is chambered in 38spl. Can I change to a 357 cylinder, and if so, any other mods/fitting issues that I would have to address to shoot 357 loads from this tank?

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I'd e-mail Ruger, They could tell you anything and everything about it.
    I have a Blackhawk in 45 Colt that I'm thinking of sending in to have an 45acp cylinder fit

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I have a Speed Six that is chambered in 38spl. Can I change to a 357 cylinder, and if so, any other mods/fitting issues that I would have to address to shoot 357 loads from this tank?

You can swap in a .357 cylinder or you can have your .38 cylinder bored out.

Cylinder Work - Pinnacle High PerformancePinnacle High Performance can probably bore it out for you, or fit in a .357 cylinder.

Or, if you hand load, you can simply load hotter "Ruger only" or heavy .38/44 loads and not bother with conversion. Just be sure to label any boxes of ammo so they don't wind up in "normal" .38s.

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    My son in law bought one that may have been bored out- says ".38 Special" on the barrel, but chambers / fires .357 just fine, as long as they aren't too long for the cylinder- i had some 158 gr swc's that we're a hair too long- but, they were my reloads, used in a security six. Seated them just a hair deeper for the SP

Top Bottom