• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AMMO USER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    I went to pull the cylinder pin out, but first sprayed some luberplate on the barrel, like I have always done to make the pin slide easier, and not scratch the metal. Then realized the pin doesnt come all the way out like on the old models. The pin also turned, and got locked up. With a flash light I notice there was a flat spot on the pin that slides against the barrel. It had turn to the side , and I had to use needle nose pliers to get it back facing the barrel to free it up. I dont like this pin at all, but they say it was done for the guy who doesnt make sure his pin is locked in, and he shoots it out in the field, and looses the pin. There is also a little hole cut for the the pin to lock in. To change the pin I guess you have to take the ejector rod housing off, too either cut the pin down, or get a shorter pin?

AMMO USER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Yes it sounds like you have had some bad Rugers. I shot this super Blackhawk this morning, and it shot great, and was hitting my target at twenty five yards. Since I have a bad heart now , I shot 44 special ammo through it. It felt tamer than shooting my 357 Blackhawk, which is a old model three screw. I also have two old single sixes, a 1955, and a 1969 mag that are great shooting pistols. I also own a ten twenty two, and got three for my grandkids with blackhawk adjustable stocks, and never had any problems with these or any other Rugers Ive owned. Knock on wood. I did have to buy , and try different 38 ammo till I found one that grouped well out of the old Blackhawk

Top Bottom