• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I just replaced the rear sight of my Marlin 1894 cowboy with a Skinner peep sight due to problems with the old Marlin sight. There is no windage adjustment, so I had to tap the front sight gently, and it pops clear off the rifle. I put it back on by hand, and take it off by hand. The cut in the barrel slices my fingers like a razor, but I do get the sight where I want it, and am very pleased with the Skinner sight. Problem is, I know the front sight is way too loose, and will move at the most inopportune time. I did a google search and like the idea of dimpling the underside of the front sight and using loctite the best. Anyone have a better idea?

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Depending on how loose the sight is, you can add JB Weld to the underside of the sight and let it dry. File it off to fit the dovetail. You are basically building up the bottom of the sight BEFORE install.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    You can take the sight out of the slot an peen the bottom flat part with a punch and small hammer. This raises "bumps" that will lock the sight in place when it is driven back in.

Top Bottom