• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I am looking for recommendations where to send one of my builds for hard chrome?

Any tips would be appreciated too, this is the first time I will be having this done.

Thanks

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Contact Custom Metal Finishing in Cambridge City, IN.

Home

765-478-9990

Great folks. Most of their clientele is from the classic car world, but they have done everything from AK's to barber chairs. They do gold and nickel plating as well.

Full disclosure, I used to work there. I might be a bit biased.

Last edited:

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    If it is an internal part, does it need extra clearancing cut to allow for the coating?

ndbbm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2011
    I've been happy with [FONT=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588235294118)]Metaloy.[/COLOR][/FONT]

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Allen have you reached out to metalloy to see what their current status is. I know they had some backog issues for a bit but i think they are back to normal now.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Allen have you reached out to metalloy to see what their current status is. I know they had some backog issues for a bit but i think they are back to normal now.

I have not, I am aware of them. I was leaning toward Cogan but it is not to late.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    I have not, I am aware of them. I was leaning toward Cogan but it is not to late.

I've had several done by Metalloy, and I have been happy with them. I have also sent one to APW Cogan in the past, and have gone with Metalloy for my future work... for what ever it is worth.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I've had several done by Metalloy, and I have been happy with them. I have also sent one to APW Cogan in the past, and have gone with Metalloy for my future work... for what ever it is worth.

Noted

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    My first experience with hard chrome.
    I finally got this one done and back together. Main reason it took so long was a delay in getting the EVO grip.

Overall I am very impressed with the Hard Chrome finish. It did not have the build up I expected and not near as much as Cerakote does. I will be doing more in the future to be sure.

I used Metaloy for the Hard Chroming and I am very pleased with the results. inside of the slide and frame are just as nice as the outside. I will use them again service and turn around time was excellent. Only thing I wish was a little better done was the brushed finish. I paid extra for Metaloy to do a brushed finish on it and the frame is not quite the same as the slide in appereance.

I think it is close enough I just notice it.
    Other then that it looks outstanding.

The rest of the parts are Black Nitride by H&M.

Poor pic

Cree

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Lafayette
    Love the machining! Grip color with the hard chrome looks awesome as well! You have knocked that one out of the park!

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Allen, pistol looks great and hard chrome is an awesome finish. just curious.....I heard Metalloy had a fire a month ago or so. Did it impact their service at all??? Are they still taking on new work???

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Allen, pistol looks great and hard chrome is an awesome finish. just curious.....I heard Metalloy had a fire a month ago or so. Did it impact their service at all??? Are they still taking on new work???

This just got back to me on Thursday, about two week turn around.
    Chris didn't hesitate to accept the job, so I'd have to say they are taking new work.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    It is a good thing that someone had a good experience with APW. I sent them an email to do a bolt carrier on a Benelli Super Black Eagle, and never received a response. So, I sent it to Dave Lauck of D&L Sports and had it back in a week. No problem.

Top Bottom