Any interest in a Browning M1919 build thread???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    So i just traded a couple things for a 1919 parts kit and it showed up yesterday. I havent decided if I am gonna build this semi or full auto as a post dealer sample yet (yes i have my 07/02 FFL so please dont preach about legalities as I will be in compliance with all local and federal laws). Just testing the waters to see if anyone would be interested in a build thread with pics on this. Its definitely not going to be a quick endeavor as I have too many other projects going on right now, but I might entertain detailing the build with pics if anyone is interested.

2prz2q0.jpg

2ponrjn.jpg

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I really enjoy watching build videos, the plus side I know nothing about this Browning m1919 so I would find this very interesting. I say go for it

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Forget the build photos.

Need any friends?

YES!!!! Friends with ammo!!!!!

It sounds like there is enough interest in this so i will detail it as i go along. It is gonna be a few weeks before i really get into this as i have a few pistol builds to make progress on. I will start a new thread once i get started!!!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Hell yeah! I'd love to see it. Build it and we will for sure watch!

Are you familiar with 1919a4.com? You probably are. If not, chech them out. They were a great help when I got mine. What a fun weapon! Browning knew what he was doing when he designed it.

I envy your 07/02 status. If you go full auto please post some "in action" videos.

Looking forward to up dates. And what caliber are you going to go with? Mine is a 308 and I have a 30-06 barrel & booster. Swapping calibers is really easy. It will be even easier once I mill my extra barrel extension.

Larry

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    PS: If you aren't familiar with the rod of death. it is the single scariest thing about taking a 1919 apart. Google it. It's an eye opener. Be careful handing the bolt and the drive rod. If the drive rod is in the bolt I would remove it. I can give you a few tips on safely removing it if you haven't removed one before. If you know this stuff ignore this post.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I am a tool maker with my own lathe and mill ....I can help with making parts.....if you need something.....how bout some pics of the project parts and bits as it stands now.....

Aaron

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I am a tool maker with my own lathe and mill ....I can help with making parts.....if you need something.....how bout some pics of the project parts and bits as it stands now.....

Aaron

thanks for the offer sir!!! i am pretty equipped in the shop here (bridgeport style mill, cnc mill, lathe). Still missing a surface grinder, but on the lookout for a good fit. I can always use knowledge and tools, so thanks for the offer and will keep you in mind in the future.

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Hell yeah! I'd love to see it. Build it and we will for sure watch!

Are you familiar with 1919a4.com? You probably are. If not, chech them out. They were a great help when I got mine. What a fun weapon! Browning knew what he was doing when he designed it.

I envy your 07/02 status. If you go full auto please post some "in action" videos.

Looking forward to up dates. And what caliber are you going to go with? Mine is a 308 and I have a 30-06 barrel & booster. Swapping calibers is really easy. It will be even easier once I mill my extra barrel extension.

Larry

Larry....I am absolutely familiar with 1919a4.com. I have unsuccessfully tried to register a dozen times from multiple pc's and keep getting error messages. I'm not sure what is going on and not sure how to reach out to anyone to get answers.

Also....familiar with the hazards of the drive rod. There is a lot of stored energy there that is nothing to fool around with.

My kit is in 308...I had wanted one and almost pulled the trigger at knob creek on one a few weekends ago. I passed and bought some other kits (galil, East german AK, Uzi, Sten, FAL parts). Then I saw a pretty good deal on a nice kit on AR15.com and we worked out a trade for the galil kit and some cash. Its in pretty good shape, but gonna need a little TLC on a few parts. Came with a pintle and T&E adjuster as well. So now I need to get a tripod. Im not sure what to get as I really would like to get something I could use to sit and shoot or maybe even stand and shoot. Sounds like maybe a MAG58 tripod might work and be adaptable???

Anyway, really looking forward to this project, but have so much going on with pistol builds right now, I don't have time to play with my toys. I will be in the shop today so will get a couple pics of the parts kit posted later.

This is gonna be a fun one. I think I am gonna just build it full auto and then finish in my own style (kinda a modern take on a classic light machine gun). Might even fab up some mounts for modern optics or night vision stuff. We will see!!!!!!!!!!!

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Do a build thread! I'm part way through building a kit. It's come to a screeching halt due life with a one year old... I'm just about done with my 80% RSP, just need to counter sinking some rivet holes and I should be good to start assembling. I have cold feet on doing the hot steel rivets too, mostly making a bucking bar.
    Looking forward to your build!

Top Bottom