• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Well who doesn't...............but I had a set of weird looking non Glock aftermarket (Non Trijicon or Meprolight either) sights removed from a Glock I recently got back and the Armorer had to destroy the stripped hex head front sight screw to get it off, anybody know where to get a Lowes, Menards, Home Depot, Ace, Hobby Lobby, where ever, hex head replacement screw in black ?

Kinda like this one but non stainless

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAINLESS-...073283?hash=item4891483303:g:QI4AAOxy015SKPWB

and what size do I need as the standard Glock sight screws are too long.

Thanks!:ingo:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well who doesn't...............but I had a set of weird looking non Glock aftermarket (Non Trijicon or Meprolight either) sights removed from a Glock I recently got back and the Armorer had to destroy the stripped hex head front sight screw to get it off, anybody know where to get a Lowes, Menards, Home Depot, Ace, Hobby Lobby, where ever, hex head replacement screw in black ?

Kinda like this one but non stainless

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAINLESS-...073283?hash=item4891483303:g:QI4AAOxy015SKPWB

and what size do I need as the standard Glock sight screws are too long.

Thanks!:ingo:

Ace Hardware at Lynhurst and Washington st. has the absolute best selection of fasteners in the city to my knowledge.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Something like this: https://www.brownells.com/handgun-p.../front-sight-screws-for-glock--prod42447.aspx
    or this Glock Parts for Sale | Best Glock Accessories | GlockStore.com
    You might ping NHT3 here on the forum (he does a lot of Glock work), or Bradis used to carry a lot of small Glock parts. I'd think one of the Glock armorers on INGO might have one as well.

Wonder if someone used the wrong kind of Loctite to make sure the front sight stayed put and cause the issue with removing the screw that was in there.

Last edited:

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Fishers Do It Center has a significantly larger selection of odd ball fix it screws than anywhere 10x it’s size around here.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Thanks BP just PM'd you.

Now the rest of the story, I recently received back from my brother in Michigan an old department trade in, he used for over fifteen years a Gen 3 Glock-22.
    When I got it back this winged rear sight with luminescent { } painted markings was on it .........picture a black sugar cube with { } in the middle of it, was stuck in your rear dovetail. I tried to link a pic of the rear but I guess off my cell phone it was too big. The front is black with a luminescent dot (minus screw now), and I have in all my years never seen this type rear sight ever.

Link to it on GLOCKTALK

can anybody ID this type of rear sight?

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/wtf-is-this-sight-thingy-anyway.1682723/

Before I removed it (it is just held in your rear dovetail by two set screws) I fired it, not a bad set up, just awkward for daily carry.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I got a set of sights made by Glock, but the screw Glock uses is too long since it goes through the Glock front sight to the top.
    The screw I need is shorter like one that would fit a Trijicon or Meprolight front.
    I tried Lowes, Menards, Home Depot, and Hobby Lobby, I'll try Fishers Ace next time I go to lil Ceasers ...

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    I would suggest shortening the screw you have if the the threads are the same. NO hardware store is going to have a screw with a head as thin as a Glock front sight screw.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member,[/FONT] Pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] / RSO[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Aron Bright[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Got five for $9.00 delivered from Amazon.
    Thanks to all who helped.
    Now I can sell those Gemini Z Recto sights, however finding a buyer might be tough, since the company went out of business in 2013!

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Got five for $9.00 delivered from Amazon.
    Thanks to all who helped.
    Now I can sell those Gemini Z Recto sights, however finding a buyer might be tough, since the company went out of business in 2013!

Recto... there is a joke or 2 there, but I'm just going to let it go.

Glad you got it worked out.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Not exactly grandmaster my Amazon good fives few deal was suddenly cancelled by the seller, so looks like I am screwed until I go back to work next week from vacation, then I guess I will head to USDS one day on my way home from work.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    If you haven't got it fixed yet file down a stock screw. Worked great on a set of trijicons I lost a screw too.

PolishBulldog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 22, 2018
    Portage
    If it were me, I would call Glock and ask them to send you one out, they probably will at no charge.
    Then you will have the correct screw you need.

I needed a couple screws for my Gracoil on my Browning and Graco was happy to send me what I needed no charge. Give Glock a try and who knows what'll happen. Good luck.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    From the thread title, I was going to suggest a couple of establishments in Nevada, but it seems that things are under control! :):

Top Bottom