• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    The vast majority of the time my CCW is the 8 shot N-frame 327PC from Smith and Wesson. One of the first things I did upon receipt of the gun was to remove the hammer spur with a dremel tool because Apex hammers were sold out at that time and I am anything but patient. It isn't butch but it ain't spit shined either. I seldom use the SA function still present on the otherwise stock hammer. My question pertains to the Apex hammer. https://store.apextactical.com/WebDirect/Products/Details/191687 Is there any real value in the purchase of this in light of my own modification? For those that may question removal of the hammer spur at all, it was very sharp, uncomfortable, and unlikely to be used in a SD setting.

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Does yours work? Do you like it?

To me, it sounds like you are unhappy with the finish, but happy with the function.

So, the real question is whether or not you can live with less than perfect finish.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    The Apex and other aftermarket hammers are lighter than stock giving more reliable ignition. I do custom hammers(modified stock hammers) for competition and carry revolvers. My competition hammers are lighter than the Apex hammers. The Apex and TK hammers are excellent quality but will not do anything better than a equivalent weight stock hammer.
    They are designed for people that don't have the skills or tools to modify there own.
    They are also not a drop in part with most needing at least some fitting.
    This pertains to centerfire only, rimfire is a whole different animal and the Apex Massdriver hammer is the hot setup for a rimfire competition gun.

Top Bottom