• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Been so long since i have posted any pics I thought I would share a couple. the top 4 are all 10mm in various stages, The Commander second down from the top will get its own thread probably under my Diamond Collision link on INGO. It is about 1 week away from being featured. It has a couple of unique features rarely found on any Commanders. One of them I will show a pic below. No the guide rod being to long is not one of them :)

It seems 10mm builds have been hot lately, in addition to the 4 below I have 2 more coming my way in the next couple of weeks. which is fine by me I love working with and shooting the 10mm.

I am not going to go to in depth in this post but just some pics and brief highlights.

All these are spoke for except the Bar Sto barreled Long Dust cover 2011....So if anybody wants to put a deposit down that is one, well lmk. Plus Grip, sights, serration options are all open to personal preference on that one still.

Bar Sto Bull Barrel build

10mm Bobtail build next to Factory Colt 45 Commander. Yes the guide rod is to long and so is the ejector...I know

I like to call this my extra travel Commander design. Both pistols are locked open on the slide stop. My build is on the left. The extra slide travel / momentum helps a lot with reliability in a commander that is chambered in 10.

20171216_153406 by Allen Moore, on Flickr20171216_153421 by Allen Moore, on Flickr

Commander again.

10mm Commander 2011 that will have a full profile comp added

Only non 10 in the pic. 9mm Limited for 3 gun

Another 2011 Commander wth full profile comp a little farther along

Anyways. I am still here :)

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Looks like the full profile comp is a huge hit! The bottom piece could almost by a twin for mine except for the rail. I hope one of the commamders is going to stay with you......:)

Last edited:

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Ok. I see it now. With it being further back, I thought it was an the standard notch. It's the takedown notch. It's just a lot closer than usual.

I think what you are seeing is just a shadow from my flsahlight

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I think what you are seeing is just a shadow from my flsahlight

Nope.

Once I figured out what you explained, I looked at the picture and for whatever reason, thought there were 2 notches for the slide stop. Once I zoomed in closer, I noticed that on your new style, the second notch was actually the cut out to allow the slide stop lever to seat flush against the frame.

That notch and the cut for the actual slide stop are much closer together than on a standard length 1911.

a3bz1ex.jpg

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Nice work as always Allen....looks like you are definitely staying busy. I like the idea of the extra travel for a problematic cartridge/platform. Have you had the opportunity to shoot one yet?? Feel any different when shot?? I bet it changes the feel of the pistol a bit. Not necessarily better or worse feel, just different. Thanks for posting.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Nice work as always Allen....looks like you are definitely staying busy. I like the idea of the extra travel for a problematic cartridge/platform. Have you had the opportunity to shoot one yet?? Feel any different when shot?? I bet it changes the feel of the pistol a bit. Not necessarily better or worse feel, just different. Thanks for posting.

Yes I have shot this setup just not this pistol. Not a huge difference in feel to me. Just easier to make reliable

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Cut the Commander feed ramp and crowned barrel this morning. I don't use the 31 degree angle on barrels with included ramp.

Looking forward to test firing at lunch.

Top Bottom