• ...and so much more!
  • fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    Hey all,

I searched a bit but didn't find anything. I have a S&W M&P Shield 9mm that I would like to get some AmeriGlo I dot nightsights for. Reading online it sounds like
    the Shield front-sight can be a pain in the neck to get on and off. Anyone have a recommended gunsmith in the Indy area that does nightsight installs?

Thanks!

FG12351

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Elmores in Greenwood have the specific tools for a shield sight install

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member,[/FONT] Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Shields are almost as difficult at Springfields. Not sure about installation at other shops but I know that Jason has a dedicated pusher for a Shield and I would find out about what tools are going to be used before trying to do sights on a Shield.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member,[/FONT] Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard"
    Unnamed Navy Seal

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”
    Aron Bright
    [/FONT]

jake 2000

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    indianapolis
    Skip the cigarette smoke and ****ty customer service and head straight to USDS.

I know right it's like stepping into a giant ashtray i only made it like 90 seconds and turned right around and walked out. I was a smoker for 15 years and my wife still smokes and we both bout gaged. Sorry don't have a gunsmith to recommend as i do all my smithing myself but i never heard anything bad about bradis guns

IndyColtsFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Since it looks like you're in Fishers, you may want to give ZRTS a call @ (317) 721-9787 to see if they can do it. They are just north of 146th Street on Herriman Blvd in Noblesville. I've always had good luck dealing with the guys there.

jake 2000

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    indianapolis
    Thanks for the input guys. I may try Elmore's or Bradis.
    i should have specified before i was talking about elmores in greenwood that smelled like a ashtray. i don't know about there gunsmithing but there prices on retail accessories are high guns a little high to but xmas a couple years ago they had a ruger no one else had in stock they weren't rude but not very personal . I would still go with bradis

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Honestly, if you consider yourself handy, I would just do it yourself. Bradis will charge if you didn't buy the sights from them and they will install using a vise and punch. They ended up bending my front sight on my M&P.

I have install the the same sights on a full size M&P using a vise and brass punch. There are many YouTube instructional videos. Also, if the shield is like the full size, watch out for the spring below the rear sight.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Honestly, if you consider yourself handy, I would just do it yourself. Bradis will charge if you didn't buy the sights from them and they will install using a vise and punch. They ended up bending my front sight on my M&P.

I have install the the same sights on a full size M&P using a vise and brass punch. There are many YouTube instructional videos. Also, if the shield is like the full size, watch out for the spring below the rear sight.

Normally I recommend this as well, but Shield sights can be a b****.

Top Bottom