• ...and so much more!
  • HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    Just thought I'd ask..
    I see many many of these frame kits for sale from $119.95-$159.95 & thought I'd do an ask..
    BTW I've forgot more about Glocks than most know.. Had 1st, 2nd & 3rd Gen 9mm
    Still have lots of parts in the stash & ammo too..

Used to own a G17, G26, G19 & G17L..
    Then I went through the SIG stage = P220ST, P225, & P229..
    And there was that Beretta 92FS, HK USP 45 Tactical, USPC357, HK P7M8..
    S&W Revolvers oh my.. 940 x 3, 547, 686, 642, 442 & Yes 942..
    Ruger P-89, MK11 x 5, SP101 x 5

Anyhow just wanted to see if any of you all have built one of these 80% Glocks, Pics would be a bonus..
    Here I am 51 & starting to look into fun guns again.. also need to pick up a Ruger MKII & 10/22, Lots of parts for these too..

I'd like to build a G19 Kit in the near future..

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Currently carry a Compact Colt 1911 in 45acp
    Mental Note: Need a Ruger SP101, MK11 & 10/22 & a G19

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I have not, and the only reason why is that the rails on the p80 are polymer. I can't imagine that steel on polymer will wear nicely for any period of time.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I had one of there early AR lowers, the recoil of my 22lr upper broke it ........so I don't put a lot into there product

Just my 2 cents

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    Also I one had a polymer AR-15 lower? can't remember the brand name? Bought it at Knob Creek for $50 complete..
    The threaded part at the rear that the stock attaches too gave way while shooting it on 3rd range test & it was scrap..
    They refunded the $ & removed it from the paperwork & I bought a aluminium DPMS one at KCR shoot & all was good, Ran 100% after that..
    Gary/Hk

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have built 3 of the P940c guns (G19 size) and I am about to build one of the P940V2 guns (G17 size). Happy to answer any questions and if you PM me I can email/text you pictures.

I love building them, but they are range toys. Not reliable enough to carry.

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    (Not Reliable enough for carry)?

Thanks!! I can't e-mail or PM anyone YET, I haven't enough posts to allow for that function = 50..
    Really don't have any questions about how the frame are modded the extra 20%, Lots of videos on U-Tube for that..
    Glocks are so simple I couldn't figure there'd be too much involved..
    Bad part about these kits is that they have driven the parts prices threw the roof..
    Might as well just buy one & go on it seems..

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I bought the compact size Polymer80 frame and parts kit around Black Friday for around $155. It was a fun project to put together, but it was very unreliable during its initial range trip. The Glock OEM slide would fail to go into battery after every shot. I discovered it was due to binding between the frame rails and the slide. I stoned and polished the surfaces of the rails a very small amount and the failures to go into battery went away. I have not had any problems since, but it is nothing but a range toy for me.

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    I have almost given up on the thought of making one as the parts now days seem to cost more than a complete pistol..
    I couldn't give more than $400 for a G19 even if I am living in the past, In fact I'm thinking $300..
    Guess I got several deals but after going to hundreds/thousands of gunshows that's the nature of the beast..
    You don't buy overpriced stuff from the dreamers.
    Gary/Hk

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have almost given up on the thought of making one as the parts now days seem to cost more than a complete pistol..
    I couldn't give more than $400 for a G19 even if I am living in the past, In fact I'm thinking $300..
    Guess I got several deals but after going to hundreds/thousands of gunshows that's the nature of the beast..
    You don't buy overpriced stuff from the dreamers.
    Gary/Hk

I knew these were out there, but never bothered to look at them. Just did a search and I was going to say for what I see the prices of the frames are, I don't see why they would be of interest.
    Recently someone posted some links to some OEM Glock frames (still would need all the frame parts though), much cheaper than what I just saw for the polymer 80 frames, even including the FFL transfer fee on the OEM, etc.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I knew these were out there, but never bothered to look at them. Just did a search and I was going to say for what I see the prices of the frames are, I don't see why they would be of interest.
    Recently someone posted some links to some OEM Glock frames (still would need all the frame parts though), much cheaper than what I just saw for the polymer 80 frames, even including the FFL transfer fee on the OEM, etc.

I posted up those G19 and G17 Gen 3 frames. Great deal. I have one waiting for me at my FFL

I also have done three of the 80% glock lowers. The reason they were desirable to me was that they already come with a double undercut trigger guard, nice texture, full picatinney rail and they don't require a transfer. Being that I was doing builds using different aftermarket slides, I did not want to use standard Gen 3 frames. Therefore, for the reasons I stateded above, I liked what the P80 frames offer.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I posted up those G19 and G17 Gen 3 frames. Great deal. I have one waiting for me at my FFL

I also have done three of the 80% glock lowers. The reason they were desirable to me was that they already come with a double undercut trigger guard, nice texture, full picatinney rail and they don't require a transfer. Being that I was doing builds using different aftermarket slides, I did not want to use standard Gen 3 frames. Therefore, for the reasons I stateded above, I liked what the P80 frames offer.

Makes sense. Curious, other than the transfer aspect, how do they compare to the Timberwolf frames by LW (if you have any experience with those)? https://lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3168

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    I saw some G19/G23 frames at the gunshow for $150 a while back & guessed they where the remains of a couple of these kits.
    I'm still on the fence & have always preferred the 2nd Gen glocks feel in my hand to the Gen3, Don't care for the finger grooves as they don't line up for me.
    Guess I'll just wait and see what I can find at the right price..
    No need to pay extra for anything..

rransford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2016
    Elwood
    %2f20170627_212606.jpg
    I really enjoyed doing this build. It did take a little bit of time to get the rails on it just right so the slide would function. Then I ran into a problem with the barrel fitting into the slide (No factory parts). Once I shot a couple rounds through it, no issues. love this gun. Just need to shoot it some more. Great range toy. I have seen people who carry this, which can stir up issues. But definitely a fun project. Got exactly what I wanted at a little over the price of a factory Glock. Even after the slide mods.
    Glockstore, or midway will have sales on some parts kits. Just keep an eye open for the deals.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    While its legit to build a gun without serial numbers, I'd be concerned about how it would be treated by LEO.

Add that to the reasons I would never carry a P80 gun. Not concerned about owning one and using it at the range, but would not want to run up against a LEO who did not understand the legalities.

Top Bottom