• ...and so much more!
  • joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    NcStar sight installing tool

Anyone have any experience with these? Bought some new sights for my Glock and was thinking about buying a sight pusher. Saw adds for the NcStar sight installing tool # VTUPRS and Glock tool # VTGLKPBL.
    They run around $55 for the pair.
    Thanks

Last edited:

BrianT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2017
    Butlerville
    I bought one, ended up slicing my thumb and breaking the actual pusher removing a Shield front sight. Sent it back and got a generic "universal sight pusher" that actually has milled aluminum parts and I calmp it into my bench vice. It's been excellent and I've used it on several different pistols. Nice tip, throw your slide in the freezer for a while before you swap them and hang onto some business cards to bend around the slide to protect the finish.

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    I bought one, ended up slicing my thumb and breaking the actual pusher removing a Shield front sight. Sent it back and got a generic "universal sight pusher" that actually has milled aluminum parts and I calmp it into my bench vice. It's been excellent and I've used it on several different pistols. "
    Maybe you have a different one than I have, the one I bought has all steel parts with aluminum frame and different sizes of plastic inserts to protect the gun finish. I used it to replace the sight on my Glock 26 and it worked great. Haven't tried in on any front sights yet.

Last edited:

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    After buying, using and discarding several "universal sight tools" I came across the "Sight-tool.com" made by 4x4 Machine in Poulsbo, WA. It's available on Ebay for about $68 and is the first one that never failed me. The only mod I have made is to add an additional pusher block so I don't have to take the tool apart to change direction. The tool is built like a tank. If I can be of any help, pm me.

Top Bottom