• ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    JM Gunsmithing on the Southeast side. 317-557-9705. Highly capable smith on a variety of platforms and an all around good guy. Did some work on my M1903 Springfield.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    If you can find someone "local" who'll do real honest-to-God parkerizing - spread that info around far and wide. Not many people do that work any more!

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    For any whom were curious. I will be sending my rifle and new barrel to Shuffs. I wont have it for 3 to 4 months, but their prices and quality are good. $178 and they will rebarrel, completely refinish the rifle, and stamp worn out cartouches back in the stock...I was quoted $400 from Highsmith just to rebarrel my rifle with a customer supplied barrel, and they outsource the parkerizing so they would have to get back with me for that price. It seemed to me it was heading for the $600-650 range for less work than Shuffs does for $178. I try to help local businesses, but not when they price gouge me.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Thanks mad Anthony but if you could give the web site I am interested. Let us know what you think about the work when you get it back.

FlatSixShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2018
    Westfield
    For any whom were curious. I will be sending my rifle and new barrel to Shuffs. I wont have it for 3 to 4 months, but their prices and quality are good. $178 and they will rebarrel, completely refinish the rifle, and stamp worn out cartouches back in the stock...I was quoted $400 from Highsmith just to rebarrel my rifle with a customer supplied barrel, and they outsource the parkerizing so they would have to get back with me for that price. It seemed to me it was heading for the $600-650 range for less work than Shuffs does for $178. I try to help local businesses, but not when they price gouge me.

That seems like a great deal...does $178 inc new barrel install only? (not cost of barrel I presume?). I've a 43 winchester and am curious on barrel replacement cost. thanks and let us know how it all turns out.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees

Have you confirmed that price does include headspacing? It doesn't seem clear to me after reading the service offering as written on the website twice.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom