• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    I’m thinking about purchasing a apex trigger to drop in my M&P. On midwayusa it states I need to buy additional spring and plunger to make it work properly. For the price I think one of those kits should have everything you need. Is the additional spring and plunger necessary? I couldn’t find them on the site. Thanks all

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I have it installed in my m&p 45 and love it. I believe you need to measure the plunger thats on yours now. If i recall correctly, if its 1/8" your good to go. If its the smaller 1/16" you need to upgrade to ensure proper function. I went ahead and ordered/installed the upgraded plunger so i cant speak to function with the smaller plunger

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Thanks. I’m new to tinkering with my guns. Could you tell me where the plunger is at? Trying to find a detailed diagram online

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Unless your pistol is several years old it will have the 1/8" plunger.. I've done several of the triggers and have never seen the 1/16" plunger.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member,[/FONT] Pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock/M&P certified armorer
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    I purchased both of my m&ps from Jenkins in the last month or so. Finally got around to shooting them. Did Smith and Wesson actually listen to their customers and improve the trigger on the new guns? The trigger on both of my guns are drastically better then the older ones I had years ago.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The plunger being talked about is in the sear pack underneath the sear.

Keep in mind that the thing WILL launch itself, and the spring, out into the ether if you're not careful when/if you remove the sear.

BOTH of my older M&P guns had the smaller plunger and spring. I still have one of those older ones + a new 2.0.

Top Bottom