• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jonny9fingers

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2014
    Zionsville
    I'm building an MK12-ish rifle. Heavy 18inch barrel with rifle length gas system, and I'm wondering if I really need to stick with the rifle buffer and tube are if I can use a carbine tube with it?

BrianT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2017
    Butlerville
    You can use a carbine buffer and spring with a rifle length system with no issue. Don't try mixing the springs and buffers around and you should be fine.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    You can use a carbine type set up on your rifle but you need to buy the RET for a collapsible carbine stock. A RET for a rifle stock will not work with carbine. The buffers and springs are different also between the 2

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    You can build a MK12 type rifle and use a carbine buffer tube and stock. Keep in mind there are 2 types of carbine buffer tubes, mil-spec and commercial. Mil-spec buffer tubes have an outside diameter of 1.148", while commercial-spec tubes are 1.168" in diameter. Determine what carbine stock you really want. Make sure your carbine stock and buffer tube are the same spec, either mil-spec or commercial. The buffers, springs and end plate are the same for both commercial and mil-spec buffer tubes.

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    Do some research on the Vltor A-5 system . It's a hybred between the carbine and rifle recoil set up . It is proprietary though.

1mil-high

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Try a carbine system with carbine spring and a heavy buffer. You can use a rifle length gas system with a carbine buffer system. They are somewhat related but the gas and buffer systems can be different.

Top Bottom