• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have a Benelli Nova 20ga that I would like to extend the mag tube on. Nordic makes the tube kits.

My question is if I were to put the plus six tube on extending it out to end of barrel. Do I need a clamp for added support? If so who makes one. Searched around and all I see is 12ga stuff.

May just sell this gun. I see Remington makes a 7 shot 20ga ready to go.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Can't get them to call me or e-mail me back. Not seeing a 20ga clamp on their site.

I can't be the only guy wanting to truck out a 20ga.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Yes, you need the clamp. It doesn't matter if Nordic sells one or not. You need it because if the mag tube snags on anything it can be very easily broken at the factory attachment point and that will be an expensive repair. The original attachment point was never designed to support a long tube full of shotshells with the increased leverage it will provide. Be aware also that some of the new Remingtons that come with an extended mag tube will not allow the use of any other barrel.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Got them to call me back. They claimed 20ga tubes are more ridged and don't need a clamp. Guy told me they don't make one and didn't know of anyone who does.

I went ahead and ordered one shorter that I originally was going to since I cant find a clamp. They are blowing them out on clearance. For 37 bucks I'll give it a try.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    You could contact Choate at..... Welcome to Choate Machine and Tool - Your Premier Source for Tactical Stocks and Accessories for Rifles, Shotguns and Submachine Guns

They sell extensions for the Benelli Nova. Their extensions also come with a new follower AND a clamp.

I did not see the clamp by itself for sale on their website. But if you call them, they may sell that part by itself.

Here is all their options for the Benelli Nova series.....

Choate Machine & Tool - Benelli - Manufacturer Details

I am running one of their extensions on my Pardner Pump (Remington 870 knockoff) and it works great. Quality is very good and it seems very durable. And it is steel...not aluminum like some.

Top Bottom