• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Just sharing a project I have been working on. This one is a USPSA open gun in 9mm major. Hybrid svi barrel with an Binary compensator, in an svi slide, ck arms frame and svi steel grip. Sorry for the crappy pics, but customer picked this one up literally as I was finishing up one evening. He has a few thousand rounds through it already in a couple weeks. Once he gets a break in his match schedule, it will come back to me for bead blast and finish. Its a heavy gun, and purpose built for USPSA. The combination of the extra weight up front from the hybrid barrel along with the compensator and additional comp holes in the barrrel combined with an 8lb recoil spring make for a really flat shooting, non-violent pistol. 9mm major is pushing a 124gr projectile about 1400fps. So basically the ballistics of a 357 magnum but softer shooting than a full size 1911 in 45.

1182cfd.jpg

2dj3u6p.jpg

2643mso.jpg

htuxxe.jpg

Cree

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Lafayette
    Nice work, Pat! I have been following John V's videos and posts shooting this gun and it looks like a winner for sure!!

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Nice work, Pat! I have been following John V's videos and posts shooting this gun and it looks like a winner for sure!!

Thanks buddy!! He's pretty intense. He was at my place until midnight one day then again a few days later at 9pm to pick it up. He shot it in a match the next day....LOL John is a nut, really good guy though.

Top Bottom