• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Does anyone have any recommendation for a gunsmith that knows their way around a S&W revolver? I have a S&W 66 that has had a couple of light strikes and I'd like to tune the trigger a bit too.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Lots of guys are going to tell you about Denny and Brett and Jerry and a multitude of Indiana gunsmiths that can all do a fine job for you. I know many of them. None of them are slouches. Many are very talented.

However, as an alternative to aftermarket gunsmiths, I would like to remind you of the S&W Custom shop. They are Jerry Miculek's gunsmith and they can do a fine job for you too. They just don't get mentioned very often around here.

FWIW, they are getting a Model 15 into shape for me currently including a factory re-blue. The cost is very reasonable. They will send you a shipping label and pay for shipping both ways. FedEx will pick up your boxed handgun from your home. It is really easy. And they ship it directly back to you when it is done.

Last edited:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Does anyone have any recommendation for a gunsmith that knows their way around a S&W revolver? I have a S&W 66 that has had a couple of light strikes and I'd like to tune the trigger a bit too.

pull your grips and see it the hammer spring screw has backed off.....that will cause like strikes.....

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Two words: Denny Reichard! He is a master gunsmith on S&W revolvers and he will make your revolver sing. He is at Sand Burr Gun Ranch in Rochester.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks for all of the suggestions guys. The gun is stock right now. I had tried a WC spring kit in it but the kit was not right for the gun and it's gone back to factory now. The light strikes might not be a real issue though. When I put a pencil, eraser down in the barrel once the cylinder has rotated into position, the gun will bounce it off the ceiling with authority. I ran a half box of ammo through it today and it was fine too. I have had a couple of rounds that did need struck twice in the past though, so I'm not sure what is going on in that area.

Overall, I'd like to have it tuned and if possible, the DA trigger slicked up and lightened a bit. Shooting it this morning really reminds me why I love that gun.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    After looking at all of the options, I'm going to contact Denny up at Sand Burr Ranch. I need to contact him and see what his schedule is like for this type of work. Thanks again everyone for the advice.

Top Bottom