• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Culvercadet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Columbus
    I have a Saiga IZ-132(7.62x39) that I'm looking to have converted by a competent gunsmith. I have all of the necessary parts for the job, but none of the tools or skill. I've gotten one quote from a shop specializing in AKs, but for the price of what would just be labor on their end, I could just by a new AK. Is there anyone in Central or Southern Indiana that would be good for this project? Thanks in advance.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Sorry, can't help.
    Currently my only Saiga, sad to say, is a .410bore.
    I am going to watch this thread though.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Well what type of conversion are you doing? I think the first step would be obtaining the proper parts... I built a AK-102 clone out of a .223 saiga and that included a folding stock/ and stock latch modifications to the original receiver... So that's about the priciest conversion one could do. So that included a 5.5mm poly folding stock and trunnion, latch hardware, trigger guard, rivet set and guard retainer, gas block and/or front sight, muzzle device, trigger group, pistol grip reinforcement plate and you still need a saiga aftermarket bullet guide. I think i was around $500-550 just in parts on my build and i did my own work. Keep in mind you can do a standard akm configuration for quite a bit less but still the parts add up. If you go the AK100 series route id recommend you talk to Allen at diamond collision before anyone else his prices are fair and his work speaks for its self.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sounds like a chance to buy some tools.

Really, all you need is a drill press and set of taps, IIRC. Perhaps there's an INGOer in your neighborhood willing to help you out.

Of course, if you weren't planning on DIY, then why buy an unconverted Saiga in the first place?

Top Bottom