• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I have a stainless Glock 19 barrel that I bought 10 years or so ago from Lone Wolf.

I am now interested in using it again, but I don't like the bling/bedazzle look it gives my 19.....stainless barrel with everything else black.

I tried to do some research on how to blacken stainless, but got a bunch of wise tales. Heating and soaking in coffee grounds, using some type of special hot bluing liquid, and others who said nothing but a coating...ie paint on product...will work.

I also don't want to spend a ton to get this done. $75 is my max.

I was hoping INGO might have some wisdom on this.

Is there a home product I can use on the outside of the barrel for this?

If not, is there a treatment that is not a paint on product that would work for a barrel that's not expensive?

If I must go paint on, is there any better options than Cerakote? And can you get that done for $75 or less?

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Cerakote is not a great option in this case. Surprisingly Glocks do lock up on the front of the barrel and there is not much room for extra material.
    I agree with Cree that getting a different barrel is a good if not best option

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Another option would be nitride or PVD. I have a PVD coater that I use and will be sending a couple pistols in the next week if you are interested. The PVD coating he uses is a very dark gray to flat black color. Actual color really depends on surface prep more than anything. I usually bead blast to prep prior to sending and it gives a nice flat, non-shiny finish that is very durable.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I ended up going with this company....Middlebranch Machine in Ohio.

https://middlebranchmachine.com/col...g-1911-m-p-19-17-26-34-23?variant=47325942791

It looks like the black Titanium Nitride is the way to go. The service and return shipping totaled just under $53.

I did look at Brazen Firearms in the link from partyboy6686. They seem to have a few good ratings and their price was also reasonable at a total of $58. Brazen and Middlebranch seem to be located fairly close to each other from what I could find on google maps.

The price was so close, I ended up going with Middlebranch because they had around 180 perfect reviews on google verses Brazen who only had a couple (albeit also good reviews).

Top Bottom