Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

.300 AAC Pistol Build

I am building a .300 AAC AR-15 pattern pistol over the next few months. This thread will chronicle the build.

I purchased my first part, a Spikes lower last week. So the next purchase is a LPK. What are your recommendations?

I am not building a super-premium firearm, but not looking to build it as cheaply as possible. Quality parts, suitable for full-spectrum use.

User Info Menu

Awesome! Keep the pics coming!

Tired Of Winning

User Info Menu

First in to say; "it depends on what you want to do with it..."

-----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

User Info Menu

BCM LPK.
    Justin B. - "Make them watch Wonder Woman. They'll molon labe after that!"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    First in to say; "it depends on what you want to do with it..."

I reckon that depends on how much you want to know...

It's not a range toy, and the caliber choice sets a few parameters. The configuration belies a couple more.

What pertinent info should I provide for the LPK purchase?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spear Dane View Post
    BCM LPK.
    That's where I am right now. Or the Spike's Enhanced.

Tired Of Winning

User Info Menu

I'm teasing a bit, my friend. However a do have a a related question for the gallery though. How much blasphemy is it to use a cheap LPK without trigger group and toss the extra bucks at a nicer trigger?

I was intending to go this route, before I ran into a PSA special on the whole lower kit that I couldn't pass up. Still ended up with an extra milspec trigger that didn't get used.
    Last edited by bwframe; 03-13-2018 at 21:20.
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

I find better quality LPK's like ALG's are a bit better finished and assembly seems to go smoother compared to the lower priced options i have tried.

I tend to go with ALG's ACT if I want a smooth "mill spec" trigger and Larue's MBT if I want a two stage trigger.
    Last edited by gmcttr; 03-13-2018 at 23:20.

Perpetually Peeved Poultry AngryRooster's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    I'm teasing a bit, my friend. However a do have a a related question for the gallery though. How much blasphemy is it to use a cheap LPK without trigger group and toss the extra bucks at a nicer trigger?

I was intending to go this route, before I ran into a PSA special on the whole lower kit that I couldn't pass up. Still ended up with an extra milspec trigger that didn't get used.
    That's what I did with my last build. Larue trigger on the last Black Friday sale at $99. Got 3 LPK with no trigger from Stag at the same time for $14 each. Planning on the same thing this year. I've been putting money back since the last sale in anticipation.

Until then if I need more then I'll probably go with the BCM LPK and try to sell the trigger since I'm now hooked on the Larue.
    Less & less amused every day...
    INGO #467

User Info Menu

I've replaced too many parts from cheap lpk's. I only use seekins or cmmg now. I can't speak for the spikes kit. I used to use Anderson, because they used to be adequate and who cares when you don't use the mil trigger anyway right, but the last two I had were trash. The first junk lpk left me with a safety that would wobble replaced with quality selector and fixed the issue, the second (because I thought the first problem was a fluke) had a wobbly selector and the take down pins nearly needed to be hit with a hammer to open. I really like the seekins lpk without the trigger. I love the mag release button (have retrofitted all my rifles with them) the detents are rock solid, nice ambi safety, excellent trigger guard. It is probably on the high end of lpk's tho. CMMG provides consistent and repeatable quality in their lpk's and the provided mil spec trigger is actually really nice right out of the box.

So I'd go cmmg if you want the trigger, and seekins if you can swing a little extra cash and add your own trigger.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast