• ...and so much more!
  • SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Bolt Together AR-15 Lower

Just finish up little project of mine. Awhile back I was paying through GrabCAD and spotted this design. I thought would be interesting to make one for the hell of it.

This is NOT my design nor will I take credit for thinking it up...

It was a fun little project that literally didn’t cost me anything other than some time on the ol Bridgeport and a couple splinters digging through the scrap bins at work haha. They’re some issues with the design though.. It lacks several features that will allow it to function as a normal lower. Will it work? I would assume yes.. Haven’t had a chance to test fire it yet.

Features that are lacking in the design are the take down pin detent/spring hole locations, safety detent/spring hole, bolt hold open and a proper buffer retainer.

This isn’t something I’m going to be shooting all the time. Just more curious to see if it would work. Really puts a new meaning to “ghost gun.”

I will most likely make another with some revision changes so that it will more readily mimic the functionality of a standard lower receiver before I trust shooting more than a couple rounds out of it. for the time being though I got some other projects coming up before I worry about all that.

P.S. I Do NOT intend to manufacture these for the purpose of selling, only for my personal use. I will be more than happy to provide prints if someone wants to build one themselves. Or you can find the 3D model/prints on GrabCAD.com

IMG_2219.jpg IMG_2217.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom