• AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    What say you.

Matt and I are trying to come up with a "cool" Glock slide pattern that we can use on some blanks.
    I don't have the ability to do 3D milling but am open to constructive criticism and or suggestion. This is one of our first ones from a blank and while I think it looks good....I feel it needs something else, just not sure what.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    I think it looks good!

I'm typically a less is more kind of guy, but I'll throw out an idea... I think it might look neat if the ports on the sides were a little thinner, where you carry the look/proportion of the serration into the ports. They look like they span 4 serration each, maybe 2 serration each?

I have no idea what is feasible or not, but just an idea.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I think it looks good!

I'm typically a less is more kind of guy, but I'll throw out an idea... I think it might look neat if the ports on the sides were a little thinner, where you carry the look/proportion of the serration into the ports. They look like they span 4 serration each, maybe 2 serration each?

I have no idea what is feasible or not, but just an idea.

:yesway:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What say you.

Matt and I are trying to come up with a "cool" Glock slide pattern that we can use on some blanks.
    I don't have the ability to do 3D milling but am open to constructive criticism and or suggestion. This is one of our first ones from a blank and while I think it looks good....I feel it needs something else, just not sure what.

A stamped logo?

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm a more is less as well, but for serrations something on the order of Fish gills... or possibly reverse fish gills (seems like it would be more useful), though I do like the look of the serrations that Ruger is doing with the new SR1911's too. I must admit, I have no idea what requires 3D and what doesn't.

Something like this is also pretty cool
    Briley-glock-slide-2.jpg

I also tend to like the carry melt, where the edges are rounded, etc.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Thanks for using the words "cool" and "Glock" in the same sentence Allen :laugh:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Frank Proctor shows practical user working of Glock front slide serration. He prefers serrations closer to the ejection port for obvious reasoning. A lot of info on usage in the video. He goes into front serration placement just after the 9 minute mark.

[video=youtube;Tw8cWNj3qQ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw8cWNj3qQ4[/video]

DasOmen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2018
    Avon
    What about a RMR cut? I'd add the RMR cut and lighten the slide some more. I'd buy one.

Last edited:

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    All good suggestions, I do RMR cuts frequently and can add that on request. But my main goal right now is overall appearance. I am processing the feed back so far and appreciate the suggestions

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Good video, thanks

Frank Proctor shows practical user working of Glock front slide serration. He prefers serrations closer to the ejection port for obvious reasoning. A lot of info on usage in the video. He goes into front serration placement just after the 9 minute mark.

[video=youtube;Tw8cWNj3qQ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw8cWNj3qQ4[/video]

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    100+ years ago nobody at Colt knew what to do with slide serrations. Semi autos were brand new tech and everybody had an opinion.

Top Bottom