Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

You will be fine....just fight the urge to get too aggressive on removing material.
    Rafferty Custom Guns, LLC 07/02 FFL/SOT
    Repair, Modifications, and Transfers on all Class III items
    Custom Built 1911 and 2011 Competition/Defensive Pistols

User Info Menu

While its not a flairing the magwell you might find this guys work nothing short of breath taking the guy has mastered the art of metal file

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7UPi22XVfc&t=605s
    Looking for a VZ61 can be gun or kit and Steyr M9 handgun

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by duffman0286 View Post
    While its not a flairing the magwell you might find this guys work nothing short of breath taking the guy has mastered the art of metal file

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7UPi22XVfc&t=605s
    Ya...that guy is pretty cool. I had already found and saved a video of him working on a Beretta 92 magwell.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal

Hop

User Info Menu

^ WOW! I might need to buy a cheap Taurus PT92 someday and start filing on it for practice.

User Info Menu

OK...Job is done.

Let me tell you, this would have been more difficult without that video from MosinVirus.

Even though we are on a budget freeze (gas and food only) I was able to squeeze in a minor purchase at Harbor Freight for $4 for a set of cheapo needle files. Here is a link to what I used.

https://www.harborfreight.com/12-pie...-set-4614.html

I already had all the sandpaper needed on hand. I also already had a small bottle of the Birchwood Casey Aluma Black from fixing an AR.

These files were perfect for me. They are not aggressive and it took me a total of 8 hours to do this. However as a novice that was purposely taking things real slow, I was OK with that.

I am not sure what grade of aluminum these frames are made out of on the Beretta 92, but it seems a fair amount harder than an AR lower or upper. I have dropped my AR's before and put gouges in them. This Beretta frame seems to be harder and took more work to remove material.....which I was OK with.

I am quite happy with it....for me anyway. And since .....here ya go.

Edited to add....... I realized I forgot to give you a before pic. Well, that's because I did not take one. So I found another pic from someone else to show what I started with. My 92F was like the magwell shown on the right side below. The left side is what the new M9's come with.

Here are the after pics.....

Last edited by worddoer; 06-25-2018 at 09:02.
    "May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal

Hop

User Info Menu

Awesome job!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Edited post #25 to add before pic.

User Info Menu

Turned out great! Id love to do that to my 92fs but i never seem to have time for all my projects iv even thought about sending mine out for the complete vertec conversion but that amount of coin hurts
    Looking for a VZ61 can be gun or kit and Steyr M9 handgun

Plinker

User Info Menu

I had a elite 2 model and it is the only gun out of several dozen I REGRET trading off, keep m up at night sometimes. Seriously a beveled magwell would be a must to optimize the 92 series.

rvb

User Info Menu

Great job!
    Are you using some kind of extended mags? Otherwise I think that little extension thing could get in the way?
    Ryan V. B. TY56060 Come shoot USPSA w Ft Wayne Area Practical Shooters: www.facebook.com/fwuspsa

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast