Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hop

User Info Menu

Tada!

If it's too tall it looks like you can have it shaved down a pinch.

https://www.amazon.com/Monstrum-Tact.../dp/B076XNZ1FK

User Info Menu

Nah, there's no way to get it anywhere near short enough. I'd cut into the threaded holes for the two bolts long before ever getting close to .3" unfortunately. Appreciate you checking though.
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

User Info Menu

I've always used an IR laser, how does it look with the scope behind the optic like that? Do you have much luck? I've got a gun mount and I've never used it.

User Info Menu

It provides a clear image but you have to use a NV scope which is designed to be used in front of a magnified optic. They’re built differently than a standard NV scope. Typically if it is labeled as a clip on it is designed to be used in front of a standard day scope.
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

User Info Menu

If you can't get anyone closer to you, buy one that's too tall and I can get it machined for you.

User Info Menu

Thanks Rookie!

Here's what I've come up with:

- CarmelHP

Hop

User Info Menu

Nice drawing! That is soooo close to 1/4". Does it look that bad if you just slap on a 1/4" picatiny riser?

I use one of these 1/4" on my .458 SOCOM front gas block. The newer version has 3 slots. You are welcome to try it out if you like.
    https://www.amazon.com/Yankee-Hill-M.../dp/B00H8748TW

User Info Menu

I was close to ordering one of those and will if I can't get a riser.

- CarmelHP

User Info Menu

I can get it made to those designs if you need me to. Let me know...

User Info Menu

Piece o cake....pm me if you wanna discuss. Would be cheap/easy to make.
    Rafferty Custom Guns, LLC 07/02 FFL/SOT
    Repair, Modifications, and Transfers on all Class III items
    Custom Built 1911 and 2011 Competition/Defensive Pistols

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast