• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I recently acquired a clip on night vision scope for my coyote rifle and due to the unusually high cheek rest requirements I have the clip on sits too low to align properly with my day scope. I've searched and cannot find any spacers available for the mount, the scope manual says to swap out your day scope rings or mount if alignment isn't within 3mm vertically. I went all hillbilly gunsmith (as I'm known to do from time to time) to get the height where I needed it to verify the viability with the day scope and now I'd like to have something made a bit better for permanent use. This setup worked well enough to only see a POI shift of .5" both vertically and horizontally, I'm guessing something machined to actually run true with the day scope might reduce that even more.

As you can see from the pics the scope itself has a shelf on each side which is supposed to sit within a shallow channel on the mount so it would require a bit more than a basic rectangular chunk of steel or aluminum but for a machinist I wouldn't think it would pose much of a challenge. Any of INGO's skilled chip makers feel like helping a brother out? I don't expect free, if someone is interested we can agree on a price before starting the project.

fsJJeFch.jpg

jpW0zcZh.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Somewhere in the neighborhood of .3". If I can find someone to make one I'm hoping they can help me figure out exactly how tall I need it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I haven’t found any available options that would work unfortunately. I’d like it aligned as precisely as I can get it.

Cree

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Lafayette
    What would make it easier for guys like me (or maybe just me) is if you had a measured drawing and had a pretty good idea what you needed. Its the time involved in diagnosing what is needed that is hard to come by.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    What would make it easier for guys like me (or maybe just me) is if you had a measured drawing and had a pretty good idea what you needed. Its the time involved in diagnosing what is needed that is hard to come by.

I'll get to work on that. I can take measurements and draw up a spacer with Google Sketchup and post it when I'm done. Thanks Cree.

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I can help you out if south (mooresville ish) isn’t too out of the way and you can leave it with me for a few days.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Nah, there's no way to get it anywhere near short enough. I'd cut into the threaded holes for the two bolts long before ever getting close to .3" unfortunately. Appreciate you checking though.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I've always used an IR laser, how does it look with the scope behind the optic like that? Do you have much luck? I've got a gun mount and I've never used it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It provides a clear image but you have to use a NV scope which is designed to be used in front of a magnified optic. They’re built differently than a standard NV scope. Typically if it is labeled as a clip on it is designed to be used in front of a standard day scope.

Top Bottom