• ...and so much more!
  • billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    383   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Need some help/advice from you AR Pros out there on INGO...

I have a new AAC brand 16" barrel, in the 300 AAC Blackout caliber, with the factory low profile (Non-adjustable) gas block that came with it.
    The gas port location on the barrel supports a pistol length gas tube.

This:https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...roduct-shipped-today-product-description-link will be the muzzle break.
    I will be using a new PSA Nickle Boron bolt carrier group (if that makes any difference??).

My primary loads will be 110gr. Nosler and V-Max rounds, loaded up to the higher end of specs from these Co. data lists. I will probably move up to a 125gr. Ballistic tip later.
    At this time I do not ponder on any suppressed loading.

I would like to use this upper build on one of my A2 (Full length) stock lowers.

My question is: Do I use the Rifle buffer and spring for this upper, or should I start with a Carbine length buffer and spring??

I have both to try, and I just ask for thoughts for the best cycle of the bolt carrier group??

I kind of just now got the .223/5.56 rounds/uppers where I want them, and am going to see what the Blackout does for me??

Thanks in advance..Bill.

Last edited:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Try the buffer you have. Supersonic rounds through a pistol gas system have never given me trouble with any buffer set up.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Try the buffer you have. Supersonic rounds through a pistol gas system have never given me trouble with any buffer set up.

I agree with Ggreen. You should be fine since you say your going to run them on the upper end. You'll be surprised how much punch a 300 can have. We even run JP high power buffer springs with no issues.

What flavor of powder are you planning to use? One thing I've found is to de-burr and chamfer your case mouths. It will help with insertion of the base of the pointy part into the case.

YMMV of course... :ingo:

Re; NiB BCGs... Just ran my dissembled NiB BCG from the 16" 300 in the ultrasonic cleaner for 480 seconds. Came out nice and clean. Applied some Tri-flow oil to bolt and cam pin- smooth as silk.

Last edited:

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    383   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    H-110...

What flavor of powder are you planning to use? One thing I've found is to de-burr and chamfer your case mouths. It will help with insertion of the base of the pointy part into the case.

Yeah, between cutting down .223/5.56 cases to re-form to 300, I KNOW that I have de-burred+chamfered more than a few times..HA. HA..
    I have been using H-110 under Flat Base bullets from Nosler and Hornady. Yes..without the proper chamfer I have damaged a few cases..

Thanks for the replies..Bill.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    :popcorn:

This guy has a huge amount of 300 ACC Blackout videos on most aspects of the platform:

[video=youtube;axgd6zQm2JU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axgd6zQm2JU&t=406s[/video]

Last edited:

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    I researched BO for months before I built mine. What I read in a few places said run carbine buffer on pistol gas. This is my setup and I have zero problems.

I also use IMR 4227, which has stellar reviews for super or sub. I dont think you'd need adjustable gas just getting in for the occasional spin?

Love the TNT 125 gr. Have loaded some 150 Interlocks though I haven't gotten to shoot them yet.

Top Bottom