• ...and so much more!
  • Dmenjares93

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Good afternoon,

I was wondering I anyone has any experience with this firearm. My grandpa recently passed away and left me his shotgun. I was told it is in firing condition however, I noticed the hammer likes to stick about 70% of the time after the trigger is pulled. I have tried cleaning it an oiling it. Figured I would ask here before taking it to a gunsmith to be torn apart. Thanks in advance!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    It could be that it just needs a detail strip and clean. Hard telling. My old '97 TD doesn't like to be taken down (rather, doesn't like to be reassembled) doesn't have the hammer sticking issue.

I'd suggest looking up Havlin's Firearms Finishing north of Brownsburg. He's a full-service gunsmith. Squirt239 here on INGO.

https://www.havlinsfirearmsfinishing.com/

If you DO fire yours - be sure to do so only with target loads.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I've worked on a few hundred of these. There is a set screw behind the trigger than can be used to adjust the sear interface and fix your problem. BUT, you need to ensure that the engagement of the carrier and the bolt is within 0.100" or so when the sear releases or you could create a dangerous condition. Remember that the bolt on this firearm returns backward through the receiver and is fairly close to your shooting eye.

If you have questions, I'd certainly be glad to look at it for you.

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    It could be that it just needs a detail strip and clean. Hard telling. My old '97 TD doesn't like to be taken down (rather, doesn't like to be reassembled) doesn't have the hammer sticking issue.

I'd suggest looking up Havlin's Firearms Finishing north of Brownsburg. He's a full-service gunsmith. Squirt239 here on INGO.

https://www.havlinsfirearmsfinishing.com/

If you DO fire yours - be sure to do so only with target loads.

Thank you. I'd be happy to take a look. The post ahead of this one has certainly explained the potential. However, if you're not comfortable in doing so, I'd be happy to take a look.

Top Bottom