• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    Does anyone know of a good gunsmith in the southeastern Indiana area or possibly in the central Indiana area that could swap out a fire control group on an AK? I have the parts, I just need a qualified smith to do it. I have minimal experience with the AK’s and could probably get through it but would prefer someone with some experience.

Thanks

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I am the last person you want working on a gun; my firearms have a joint restraining order against me forbidding possession of a Dremel.

Having said that, I have replaced the trigger groups on several AKs with no problem. It is especially easy if you are replacing the shepherds hook spring with a plate.

JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    I am the last person you want working on a gun; my firearms have a joint restraining order against me forbidding possession of a Dremel.

Having said that, I have replaced the trigger groups on several AKs with no problem. It is especially easy if you are replacing the shepherds hook spring with a plate.

OK, I’ve seen a couple videos on the installation and it doesn’t look too bad, I’m just not real adventurous in areas I don’t have much knowledge, but I may give it a try.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I used to have a video on how to do it but YouTube frowns on that kind of thing now. It's a simple process. The biggest worry is the spring biting your finger.

JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    I used to have a video on how to do it but YouTube frowns on that kind of thing now. It's a simple process. The biggest worry is the spring biting your finger.

OK, thanks. I’ve watched a video that shows them using zip ties to make it easier.

JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    I got it swapped today, actually, it was pretty simple. Thanks for the advice.

Top Bottom