• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Done some extensive searches online and at ar15.com to try and find out who machined an AR pistol upper. The forge marking is a square-symbol which I found out is a Brass Aluminum forge marking. There is a 'SS7' stamp on the rear take down lug. One search led me to Strong Side Tactical but they have not replied to an email yet. Anyone else know who the 'SS7' stamp refers to?

JJFII

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    Anderson
    https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/product-p/mi-ss7-blk.htm

I think the "SS7" is just Midwest Industry's way of signifying the upper was originally made for the SS7 product line. Their brand will not be anywhere else if they were pumping these out. Answer these questions and I think I might be able to help.
    1- is the gas block on with set screws or pinned?
    2- what type of handguards are on it?
    3- what is / are the BCG markings (if any)?
    4- are there any barrel markings?
    5- I am assuming .223...right?

Contact MI and ask them if they made any complete uppers and if they marked them. It could be a salvaged SS7 upper which is why the handguard isnt an SS7

Last edited:

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/product-p/mi-ss7-blk.htm

I think the "SS7" is just Midwest Industry's way of signifying the upper was originally made for the SS7 product line. Their brand will not be anywhere else if they were pumping these out. Answer these questions and I think I might be able to help.
    1- is the gas block on with set screws or pinned?
    2- what type of handguards are on it?
    3- what is / are the BCG markings (if any)?
    4- are there any barrel markings?
    5- I am assuming .223...right?

Contact MI and ask them if they made any complete uppers and if they marked them. It could be a salvaged SS7 upper which is why the handguard isnt an SS7

Thanks for all the guidance! I saw this MWI page before, but that's not the handguard on my pistol. But I'll look it over to see if I can find any info on the items you listed.

Last edited:

JJFII

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    Anderson
    Thanks for all the guidance! I saw this MWI page before, but that's not the handguard on my pistol. But I'll look it over to see if I can find any info on the items you listed.

I think you have an upper that was originally built for as a SS7 Upper from MI. Someone re-purposed the upper and swapped stuff. The type and condition of the other stuff gives clues as to the original configuration of the upper.

Top Bottom