• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prowler28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    All, I was hoping that my first thread here would not be asking for guidance, but alas, we do not live in a perfect world.

I bought a rather used-looking Model 60-14 today, and I immediately went to town checking the internals. I have a Model 69 that I have looked at before so this is nothing entirely new to me. This time, I have been absolutely stumped.

Most of the internals have been put back together, but when I place the hammer back into its spot— and I have seen videos and pictures indicating how the sear lines up and everything— I find that once it is in place, I cannot cock the hammer one bit, nor can I pull the trigger at all. It seems like the hammer and trigger should function at this stage of reassembly.

Any guidance you might have would be much appreciated. Thank you.:scratch:

Prowler28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Thank you, I actually just came here to close the thread...

I don't know why it never occurred to me before, but if the cylinder is not in, it will not function. This is just one of those deals where I missed one crucial point to the existence of the cylinder bolt!

Good video, by the way, just wish the gentleman would invest in proper screwdrivers.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Thank you, I actually just came here to close the thread...

I don't know why it never occurred to me before, but if the cylinder is not in, it will not function. This is just one of those deals where I missed one crucial point to the existence of the cylinder bolt!

Good video, by the way, just wish the gentleman would invest in proper screwdrivers.

I am glad it helped. And yeah, I agree in the screw drivers. And welcome to the forum!

Top Bottom