• AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    It's been awhile.

I bought this Kimber awhile back from an INGO member and got a wild hair to do something with it. It is a Pro Carry II. Alloy frame 4" barrel. Pretty nice gun.

I know there is a lot of people that dislike Kimber and I am not sure why, but Challenge accepted.
    Regardless I had some spare time on my hands so...

I decided to build it into a Pro Carry Comp II by adding a comp to the barrel and changing out the factory ignition kit with Cylinder and slide Tactical ignition kit.

I started by turning the factory barrel down and threading it for an EGW cone comp. (I re crowned the barrel after I was done with the live center I stuck in the muzzle)

Mocked up.

In order to get the comp to fit flush once the barrel tips up into battery the front of the slide has to have a 1 degree angle cut to it. that is milled of using this fixture

a little nicer fit.

Then I did a carry cut to the slide and comp. you might notice I angled the front of the slide around the recoil plug. I did not like how that looked so I changed it up at the end

Checkered the front strap

Sand blasted all the parts and set up for 2 tone.
    Parts on the left will be Cerakote Stone gray and parts on the right Cerakote Armors Black

I bought some VZ grip that were on sale but wrong color sooo

Some conveniences of owning a body shop no hand shaking paint and of course access to a paint booth

And, just like that, it was done.
    However I did a google search for carry comp after I started this project and was disappointed that Wilson had already put a similar gun out. I did take one idea from theirs though and that was the government length guide rod plug. It added a nice touch.
    Also I replaced the plastic Main spring housing wit a one piece Smith Alexander MSH

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    nice work allen....I like the hi power cut up front. I have a full dustcover pistol I am working on and toying around with that up front. Looks good.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Thanks guys, I was not 100% sure it was going to be ok until I put color on it

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I owned a Wilson Carrycomp at one point but I think I like the look of this better Allen. That is some top notch work!

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member,[/FONT] Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Thanks again. A little fine tuning and she is done. this one will be up for sale soon if anyone's interested

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom