• AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    It's been awhile.

I bought this Kimber awhile back from an INGO member and got a wild hair to do something with it. It is a Pro Carry II. Alloy frame 4" barrel. Pretty nice gun.

I know there is a lot of people that dislike Kimber and I am not sure why, but Challenge accepted.
    Regardless I had some spare time on my hands so...

I decided to build it into a Pro Carry Comp II by adding a comp to the barrel and changing out the factory ignition kit with Cylinder and slide Tactical ignition kit.

I started by turning the factory barrel down and threading it for an EGW cone comp. (I re crowned the barrel after I was done with the live center I stuck in the muzzle)

Mocked up.

In order to get the comp to fit flush once the barrel tips up into battery the front of the slide has to have a 1 degree angle cut to it. that is milled of using this fixture

a little nicer fit.

Then I did a carry cut to the slide and comp. you might notice I angled the front of the slide around the recoil plug. I did not like how that looked so I changed it up at the end

Checkered the front strap

Sand blasted all the parts and set up for 2 tone.
    Parts on the left will be Cerakote Stone gray and parts on the right Cerakote Armors Black

I bought some VZ grip that were on sale but wrong color sooo

Some conveniences of owning a body shop no hand shaking paint and of course access to a paint booth

And, just like that, it was done.
    However I did a google search for carry comp after I started this project and was disappointed that Wilson had already put a similar gun out. I did take one idea from theirs though and that was the government length guide rod plug. It added a nice touch.
    Also I replaced the plastic Main spring housing wit a one piece Smith Alexander MSH

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    nice work allen....I like the hi power cut up front. I have a full dustcover pistol I am working on and toying around with that up front. Looks good.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Thanks guys, I was not 100% sure it was going to be ok until I put color on it

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I owned a Wilson Carrycomp at one point but I think I like the look of this better Allen. That is some top notch work!

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member,[/FONT] Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Thanks again. A little fine tuning and she is done. this one will be up for sale soon if anyone's interested

Top Bottom