• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I finished up my Hungarians, AMD-65 and AMD-63 UF, last weekend with a trip under the torch. This weekend I painted the receivers. And yes, the Lair is a mess right now as I'm still in the building it out.

ak2018_1.jpg

ak2018_2.jpg

ak2018_3.jpg

ak2018_4.jpg

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Just an update. I took both rifles out today to get some rounds through them. Neither had any feeding or ejecting issues. The AMD65 shoots a little to the left but that's fixed. I ordered some of the Korean 20 round mags. Standard 30 round magazines are not always easy to insert with the 65's front pistol grip.

ak2018_5.jpg

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Do you mind sharing what paint/coating you use? Is it Cerakote or something else? And if something else are you finding that it is a durable paint?

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Do you mind sharing what paint/coating you use? Is it Cerakote or something else? And if something else are you finding that it is a durable paint?

Cerakote on an AK? Way to fancy for me. I used Brownells Aluma-hyde this time. I've also used high-temp spray paint.

It's an AK. It's supposed to get scratched.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Cerakote on an AK? Way to fancy for me. I used Brownells Aluma-hyde this time. I've also used high-temp spray paint.

heard nothing but high marks about Aluma-Hyde II expoy paint is good stuff (how did the nozzle work ive heard they clog pretty easy and to buy extra's)

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana

Yeah, I get it. :): I have no problems with scratches. I just don't want the finish to run like bad mascara if I try to clean things up a bit. Yeah, yeah, I know. Who cleans their AK? :):

Top Bottom