• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    This mornings project was deleting roll marks from Springfield Champion and blending comp sides. I need to do this first So I can clamp this assembly in my mill vise for other cutting.

Feel free to make fun of me grinding first side of the slide with frame installed but Comp is tight and i want to make sure it is indexed where is it will when it is assembled so... there you go.

Not so level ...yet

Now I will remove the slide and flip it over since this side of the comp is flush with the slide

I did not post pics of the height diference between the comp and the slide but there is about .010 width difference per side that I took off the comp before touching the slide

getting there

Now I will flip everything upside down in the mill and blend the front slide cut to the comp

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    That's pretty cool to see.

So is the slide held in place during this procedure by magnetic force I'm assuming?

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Very nice....I was actually just thinking through this myself and couldn't decide if I was gonna grind with slide and barrel locked up with my jig or on the actual frame. Beats the hell out of milling and blocking it with paper!!!!!!!

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Very nice....I was actually just thinking through this myself and couldn't decide if I was gonna grind with slide and barrel locked up with my jig or on the actual frame. Beats the hell out of milling and blocking it with paper!!!!!!!

yes it does. I have tried that way too

Doug B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    How much did you end up removing from each side? About .010 ?

looks great. I though about doing the same to my stainless SR9c to remove the stupid "warning, read the manual" text, and the re-laser etching the slide.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    How much did you end up removing from each side? About .010 ?

looks great. I though about doing the same to my stainless SR9c to remove the stupid "warning, read the manual" text, and the re-laser etching the slide.

From the first high spots on the slide it would be pretty close to .010 yes

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Allen has done several like this for me. The gun looses the factory built appearance and takes on a completely different personality. The slab side look is a favorite.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Allen has done several like this for me. The gun looses the factory built appearance and takes on a completely different personality. The slab side look is a favorite.

Sorry but there won't be new pics today :( I did a little to it last night but not enough to post and I have to work on another one this morning. Just thought I would let you know in case you were watching ;)

Top Bottom