• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • augdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sheridan
    I have A TC Contender in stainless with A light scratch on the frame.What product will work the best to remove.Should I use steel wool or A buffer?

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Anything you do to it will likey change the finish. A scotchbrite or 320 sandpaper to take scratch out then a beadblast to make everything uniform is about the only way it will look factory.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    I have successfully used a tool called an air eraser. It is a miniature bead blasting tool that looks like an air brush. Is very controllable.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    The only images of TC contenders I found have a satin bead blasted finish. Best to send it in to have the factory match the finish. Second choice is to have a local gunsmith or business that specializes in metal blasting do the job.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I used to tidy up light scratches in my bead blasted SS 1911's. Using a small (tooth brush sized) wire brush, I would tap the area with the end of the bristles. Not brushing, but tapping like a hammer. It peens the shiny scratched metal to blend with the bead blasted surrounding finish.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    You can also lay a piece of 150 to 220 grit wet or dry sand paper over the scratched area and tap on the sandpaper with a nylon, wood or rawhide mallet and get a pretty close approximation of a bead blasted finish.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    A few months ago, I had a Model 60 in real rough shape. I had some stainless polish-Eagle One "Never Dull" wadding polish.
    Worked wonders, made the gun look like new, but it did take a little bit of work.

migunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    DeMotte
    You can also lay a piece of 150 to 220 grit wet or dry sand paper over the scratched area and tap on the sandpaper with a nylon, wood or rawhide mallet and get a pretty close approximation of a bead blasted finish.

I am very curious about this method. I now have a blast cabinet but I think the method has merit.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Yes, this is the same tool as can be used for etching glass. I last used it to restore the matt finish on the top of a NAA revolver while keeping the sides bright and shiny. I actually had to file a burr down and smooth it up prior to using the air eraser. Worked great.

Top Bottom