• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spyshot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Winchester/Union City
    Love the new thompson center tcr22. I would like to improve the trigger. In the past I have used a power custom hammer and spring on my ruger 10/22. Has anyone out there been successful in aftermarket 10/22 trigger upgrades?

cheers

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I put this in my 10/22
    https://www.tandemkross.com/Ultimate-Trigger-Kit-for-Ruger-1022_p_505.html

and I'm getting a 1-1.5# trigger pull!, my bx trigger is about 3 pounds with a lot of overtravel

if I had a complaint about the tk trigger, there is a little bit of take up, not much, but the 1.5 pull offsets that, now you can buy a brimstone trigger job for less (110.00) but you have to send in your trigger group and wait for it to come back, and they will modify the bolt hold open to make it a auto bolt release, but if you look it up online, you can modify the bolt release yourself, or you can buy the auto bolt release from tandemkross (its only 11 bucks)

and installing the tk kit is very easy!, but if it were me, and that's the route you want to go, i'd contact tandemkross first to see if it will install in the tcr22, incase there's any variance in the trigger guard, I ran into an issue, I tried to install the kit in an older ruger triggergroup with a metal trigger guard, and it wouldn't work, I had to buy a stock trigger guard to put the kit in, (the metal trigger guard must have different dimension's than the plastic guard) the trigger contacted the guard near the top back of the trigger guard

I have a friend who bought the tc over the 10/22 and he loves it, but he doesn't modify his guns the way I do, I make mine for speed competitions look in this thread at post 170, that's my 2nd 10/22
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long-guns/448480-rimfire-rifle-show-n-tell-thread-17.html

spyshot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Winchester/Union City
    Thanks for the info. That was an interesting write-up. But I’m wanting to know specifically if anyone is using the 10/22 aftermarket triggers or hammers in the TCR 22 successfully.

Top Bottom