• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I think you get one shot to obliterate a dot of a certain size at a given distance. Winner leaves the least black dot still visible. Extra full choke, extra long bbl, red dot equipped in the unlimited class.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Spot shoot
    turkey shoot
    card shoot
    differant names for the same thing, you fire a supplied shell at the target, the person who hits closest to the crosshair wins, there’s a second cross hair outside the main circle that’s used as a tie breaker, and they measure with a caliper, it gets pretty competitive and guys spend big bucks on their guns and they lose just as much as they win! My friend has a Remington 870 that’s he’s spent a lot of money on, and he gets lucky, and sometimes he looses, but he buys his barrels from a guy in tennison Indiana, and his name is either barrel bob or possum bob... BUT and I mean BUT he has problems! We have 2 guns from 2 different people in our shop now that need parts because he lost them when he was making barrels! He told both of them to take the guns to us! He’s not paying for the parts or labor or giving them a discount for his work! So that’s a big deal because one gun that was brought to us has been out or production for so long we’re having a hard time finding the parts!

If if you go to him good luck and be careful!

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Every legion, vfw, conservation club had its own rules. If you shoot more than one location you'll want drop in chokes as the y all have different limitations. I've also seen more open commutes hold tighter patterns on hot muggy days higher chokes for cold, also different shells react differently. 26" barrels seem safe everywhere. Most guys that shoot around me are running crazy magnified cheap optics. Likely to try to correct the blur from the "shoot juice"... ziggy's in pa will treat you right. There are a few guys in so in, no ky that make good ones as well. I am getting mine built with irons with a section of pictinny for a red dot when it's allowed.

My father in law and i win more than we lose and he cleared 1k in the last month or so. I plan on building my marlin 512 or just getting a built savage then doping it with the different loads and distances we shoot at. It's mostly luck, but knowing how your pattern reacts to weather and round count helps.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    These a marlin goose gun at one of the pawn shops here in Ft Wayne

And by the by formthosemwhomhave never been to an event like this, the conservation club at Antwerp Ohio has a shoot tomorrow.

hpd855

Member From INGO's Early Days
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Haubstadt
    He has done several barrels for me over the last 8 or 10 years, I have never had any problems. His finish work is not nearly as nice as Crossley over in Tell City, but Crossley is usually backed up a year on barrels.

hpd855

Member From INGO's Early Days
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Haubstadt
    If you shoot Winchester AA shells (Red Or Grays) exclusively, Jerry Fulkerson in Paoli is great. But his barrels aren't great for Estates or other cheap shells.

INGarand

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2014
    Buffaloville
    Hey thanks for the info, I know about Possum Bob and get my clock cleaned by his barrels quite often. Currently shooting a Winchester 1200 with a full choke vent rib barrel on it. Won a couple of times but would like a better chance. Yes it is about luck and I would jump on an old Stevens Goose gun.

Top Bottom