• ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Hey all,

I’m currently planning and acquiring parts for a 7.62x39 AR build. My biggest snag right now is finding a 16” 7.62x39 barrel in mid-length gas system with a pinned FSB. I’ve built 5 ARs now, but I’ve never used a triangle front sight/gas block. Didn’t realize how big of a deal it was to get it pinned, tapered, etc.

Because of that, I’ve been looking at buying the barrel with the fsb already installed/pinned, but my options have been pretty limited it seems. I found a Faxon barrel with the fsb pinned from tntesales.com, but that place has some BRUTAL reviews as far as shipping times. That scares me off enough, I think.

Other option would be to have someone pin it for me, but I’d want to find someone I trust and not crazy expensive, preferably.

Anyone have ave any thoughts or leads?

I’m pretty set on mid-length and obviously caliber, but im not particular to any barrel brand. This isn’t going to be a precision rifle, but I’d prefer it not shoot 5 moa. Haha.

Thanks!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    War Machine can do it. He might be in Indy for the next big Indy1500, not sure. Drop them a note using the contact page.

War Machine

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    AVOID AR15BARRELS like the plague: Their escapades are WELL documented online. Very dodgy business the past few years...

I've contacted Ranier and they are pretty hit or miss in terms of even doing a pinning. One build they did and looked great, another they refused. Both standard 5.56, nitrided barrels.

Adco is awesome. Call or contact them as their feelings towards nitride have changed based on their responses on ARFCOM regarding their 'no nitride' situation.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    AVOID AR15BARRELS like the plague: Their escapades are WELL documented online. Very dodgy business the past few years...

I've contacted Ranier and they are pretty hit or miss in terms of even doing a pinning. One build they did and looked great, another they refused. Both standard 5.56, nitrided barrels.

Adco is awesome. Call or contact them as their feelings towards nitride have changed based on their responses on ARFCOM regarding their 'no nitride' situation.

If you're referencing the (B)ARF.com thread about Randall(AR15barrels.com), that is from almost 10yrs ago. Also, ARF.com is a joke of a website and nothing worth reading comes from that site. Randall is regarded as a stand-up guy on CalGuns and M4Carbine.net. Nothing but good things to say about Rainier as they do a good job as I've had them do work for me over the years. Shipping is slow sometimes. ADCO has it's fair share of horror stories as well but overall is regarded as a reputable shop. Also, there is John at Retro Arms Works who does good work out of Illinois.
    Link:Retro Arms Works Home Page - Retro Arms Works.com

Not trying to be snarky but I'm going from experience.:yesway:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    If you're referencing the (B)ARF.com thread about Randall(AR15barrels.com), that is from almost 10yrs ago. Also, ARF.com is a joke of a website and nothing worth reading comes from that site. Randall is regarded as a stand-up guy on CalGuns and M4Carbine.net. Nothing but good things to say about Rainier as they do a good job as I've had them do work for me over the years. Shipping is slow sometimes. ADCO has it's fair share of horror stories as well but overall is regarded as a reputable shop. Also, there is John at Retro Arms Works who does good work out of Illinois.
    Link:Retro Arms Works Home Page - Retro Arms Works.com

Not trying to be snarky but I'm going from experience.:yesway:

I understand what you are saying, but I've had PERSONAL bad experience with Randall, so I cannot suggest him, that's all.

I love Rainier, but they will not do some things if you ask that's not on their website but they could certainly accommodate (i.e.: I wanted them to put a FSB on a .300 blackout barrel for an A2 build and got a resounding no), but the 5.56 barrel they put a FSB for me is true and well cut.

I've yet to see a single issue with Adco that they would not make right. I have sent them two barrels in the past with great results (cut, rethread and adjust gas port).

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Just for the record... I have a Faxon 18" mid-length barrel with a pinned War Block from War Machine. It has been fantastic. They might have a booth this weekend at the Indy1500 since it's one of the bigger shows.

Top Bottom