Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grelber View Post
    9mm gun, on occasion the magazine followers (3 different brands) can end up wedged between the slide release and the frame. It appears that I have a 45 slide release in a 9mm gun.
    Most likely they'd want you to send everything in but if you just want to do it yourself i'd order either a Harrison Design or an EGW, as someone said above just measure the axle diameter first as these companies offer standard and oversize as well.

User Info Menu

In a perfect world liberals would taste good and be easy to field dress.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drillsgt View Post
    Most likely they'd want you to send everything in but if you just want to do it yourself i'd order either a Harrison Design or an EGW, as someone said above just measure the axle diameter first as these companies offer standard and oversize as well.
    https://shop.harrisoncustom.com/hd-4...ice-slide-stop

Had not heard of Harrison, that looks interesting.

I'd send the gun in to LB and let them fix it if the offer was there, but so far it isn't there (contacted them by email last week) so I'll give it a bit more time & then the job needs done one way or the other.

User Info Menu

https://shop.harrisoncustom.com/hd-4...ice-slide-stop

Had not heard of Harrison, that looks interesting.

I'd send the gun in to LB and let them fix it if the offer was there, but so far it isn't there (contacted them by email last week) so I'll give it a bit more time & then the job needs done one way or the other.
    He's one of the premier 1911 guys out there, if he makes the part I need I usually get it from him, the stuff's top notch. Good luck with the Baer, shouldn't be a big deal to get it fixed up.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drillsgt View Post
    He's one of the premier 1911 guys out there, if he makes the part I need I usually get it from him, the stuff's top notch. Good luck with the Baer, shouldn't be a big deal to get it fixed up.
    Thanks and thanks. Baer will get fixed, I will probably drop my fan boy club membership though, had a 45 premier 2 that was perfect so I wasn't figuring I'd need to be screwing around with the 9.
    My luck with custom /semi custom has been 1-great (Baer 45), 1-total nightmare (Fusion 2011), 3-Good after sending back for repairs (STI's),1-Very good minor growing pains(Benny Hill 2011), 1-Bad but haven't given up (S&W 929).

People who buy Glocks have a lot going for them.

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

People who buy Glocks have a lot going for them.
    Man that is hurtful.....

I have had some teething pains with my customs but I expect it. Part of that process. Never opted to buy into the Wilson/Baer/Fusion silliness.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Man that is hurtful.....

I have had some teething pains with my customs but I expect it. Part of that process. Never opted to buy into the Wilson/Baer/Fusion silliness.
    It is sad that you pay 2-4k for a pistol and it doesn't work. It happens and I get it, but it still sucks when it does. Really all you can ask for is that whoever built it, stands behind it.
    Rafferty Custom Guns, LLC 07/02 FFL/SOT
    Repair, Modifications, and Transfers on all Class III items
    Custom Built 1911 and 2011 Competition/Defensive Pistols

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2